The Little Book of IDEO
Embed Size (px)
A few years ago I was part of a Les Mills Innovation Taskforce. We had a global meeting in San Francisco and as part of our meeting on innovation Mr. Jim McPartland took us on a field trip to company that was all about innovation, IDEO. This was a great experience for me personally and have talked about this many times to my partner Bryan O'Rourke and how they went about taking on a new task for a customer. The process was an incredible experience as I watched the teams in action in their moveable offices and their culture of how they approached a project. Just wanted to share with you a 'SlideShare' I came across from IDEO. Thank you Jim McPartland for the experience. robert
Transcript of The Little Book of IDEO
- We wrote this to give you a sense of IDEOs culturethe ties that bind us together as coworkers and as people. These are the values that get us there.
- Believing that something is possible will somehow make it so.
- The most powerful asset we have in our arsenal is the word we.
- Get comfortable with uncomfortable-ness.
- Ask for forgiveness, not permission.
- Going out of your way to help others succeed is the secret sauce.
- The unwritten social contract here: individual ownership supports collective responsibility. Own that.
- Nothing is a bigger buzz-kill than over-intellectualizing. Design is about rolling up your sleeves and making things.
- Watch the Little Book of IDEO video series here.
- Illustrations By Beau Bergeron