Social media Identity
of 38 /38
Embed Size (px)
Session for Revolution 2013
Transcript of Social media Identity
- SOCIAL MEDIA IDENTITY DR BEX LEWIS, CODEC, DURHAM UNIVERSITY; SOCIAL MEDIA CONSULTANT, DIGITAL FINGERPRINT #RevConf13
- WHO AM I? https://twitter.com/drbexl Life Explorer, HE/learning, Christian, cul tural history, WW2 posters: Keep Calm & Carry On, digital, ENFP, #digitalparenting, @digitalfprint, @ww2poster, @bigbibl e
- WHO ARE YOU?
- 1 JOHN 3:1 What marvelous love the Father has extended to us! Just look at it were called children of God! Thats who we really are. (MSG)
- BEING A CHILD OF GOD DISCUSS: What words/image s come to mind when you think about BEING a child of God? Image Credit: Seed Resources
- FOR THE MOUTH SPEAKS WHAT THE HEART IS FULL OF. LUKE 6:45
- CRIS ROGERS We need to spend time in his presence and then we will have something to say.
- WHERE ARE YOUR LIVES ON DISPLAY?
- IF AN ALIEN VISITED and all they had to see was your Facebook page (or other public profile).. What would their perception of your life be? Image: RGB Stock
- REV PROF DAVID WILKINSON God is a communicating God: In the beginning was the word. God is extravagant in communication he is not a silent God who has to be tempted into communicating with people. Image Credit: Durham University
- HTTPS://WWW.YOUVERSION. COM/BIBLE/294/MAT.5.13.CEV UK
- THE FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT: WHAT DO THEY LOOK LIKE ONLINE? Image Credit: Kezi
- WHAT OTHER BIBLICAL VALUES DO WE WANT TO SEE IN OUR (DIGITAL) WORLD? Image Credit: iStockPhoto
- WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO TRULY BE?
- A DIGITAL FINGERPRINT
- https://audioboo.fm/boos/1577833-what-does-it-mean-to-be-a- digital-disciple-with-changingworship
- NELSON MANDELA Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesnt serve the world. Theres nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people wont feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. Its not just in some of us, its in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. Image Credit: Wikipedia
- How does one become a butterfly? You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar. (Anon) Image Credit: Wikipedia
- THE LEGEND OF BAGGER VANCE Inside each and every one of us is our one true, authentic swing . Something we was born with. Something thats ours and ours alone. Something that cant be learning something thats got to be remembered. Image Credit: Wikipedia
- GARY COLLINS (CHRISTIAN LIFE COACH) If you're a Christian, seeking to walk in the footsteps of Jesus, you'll approach every aspect of your life from this perspective. Your commitment to Christ will impact your marriage, parenting, l ifestyle, values, spen ding, time management, vocati on ... Image Credit: Gary Collins website
- STEPHEN FRY (VIA TWITTER) Stop wanting wealth and fame and start wanting instead to do something well about which you are passionate. Image Credit: Wikipedia
- KOFI ANNAN (UN) To live is to choose. but to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there. Image Credit: Wikipedia
- EXTROVERT/INTROVE RT?
- THINK: WHAT ARE YOUR PASSIONS? Image Credit: Seed Resources
- WHAT CAN YOU GET INVOLVED IN?
- HTTP://DICTIONARY.REFEREN CE.COM/BROWSE/AUTHENTI C
- HUMAN BEINGS AT MACHINES, NOT ARE MACHINES
- WHY BE ONLINE? @FRDAVIDCLOAKE Whilst I cannot conclude my thinking in a wholly positive way, I acknowledge that great use of all of this to my own personal discipleship. I am a broader Christian, a better informed Christian, a more readily supported and sustained Christian and for that I love this digital life. If that makes me a better Christian, then perhaps its purpose is served if a purpose exists and indeed if a purpose is needed. However, I shall continue to pray that someone, somewhere, can say with absolute clarity that because of this digital community, they came to Christ.
- WHO MIGHT SEE IT? God Parents The kids The newspaper Your worst enemy
- NO NEED TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD
- FIND YOUR OWN PATH
- HOW DO WE DEAL WITH THE THINGS THAT DIVIDE US? Image Credit: Seed Resources
- DR JOHN TOWNSEND The best people in the world arent those who never fail but those who fail and learn something from it. I hope that your goal in life isnt to slide safely into death not having screwed up much.
- TIME TO REST? http://bigbible.org.uk/2012/06/digirest-digifree/
- Published by Lion Hudson February 2014
- END ON A PRAYER Father, Creator God,You sent your Word, Jesus Christ, to reveal your love and compassion to the world; you have called us to be his disciples, true images of your beloved Son,proclaiming his Gospel to all creation.His story is now our story.Keep us faithful to what we have received, and generous in our sharing.Holy Father, we thank you also for the gift of the Holy Spiritwhom you sent to sanctify and bless all you have createdand be the bond of love that unites all of us with you and your Son.Send forth your Spirit upon us now.Purify our hearts and make us attentive to your promptingsthat we may be true missionaries in the digital world.Grant us the humility to seek you above and before all other thingsthat all we say and do may be done in your name and for your glory.We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen http://www.ibenedictines.org/2012/10/21/a-prayer-for-the- christian-new-media-conference-cnmac12/ // @DigitalNun
- @drbexl @digitalfprint @bigbible Image Credit: iStockPhoto