ROAM Women's Adventures Africa Sampler Safari!
of 13 /13
Embed Size (px)
Women Only Safari to Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe
Transcript of ROAM Women's Adventures Africa Sampler Safari!
- IMPORTANT NOTES Travel to Africa requires a passport valid six months beyond your return date and a minimumof two (2) blank VISA pages in your passport (if you are visiting more than one country inAfrica, you must have an additional blank visa page available for each country).It is important to reconrm all of your commercial ight arrangements with the relevantairline at least 48 hours prior to departure. Please ask ask us if you need assistance.Travel to Africa, including Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia may require a vaccination againstYellow Fever. Please contact your travel healthcare professional for more information. Be sureto carry your yellow vaccination card with you during travel as you may be required to presentit at immigration.Entry into Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia: A passport and visa are required.A visa for all 3countries can be obtained upon arrival.CONTACT -If youre excited by the thought of joining one of our Active, Small Group WomensTours or Safaris to Africa, India or Vietnam and Cambodia then now is the time toreserve your space. The earlier you book the more you save! Once youre ROAMadventure trip is booked, your trip price is guaranteed NOT to increase. Otherwise,prices are subject to change.Our Travel Consultants are available to respond to questions and inquiries... By email : 7 days a week - 24 hours a day - We try to respond within 24 hours ofreceiving your inquiry. By telephone : Monday - Friday : 10 am to 4 pm EST
- ITINERARYDAY #1 - DEPART FROM USA OR YOUR HOME TO VICTORIA FALLS, ZIMBABWETravelers take an overnight flight from their home to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. For USA and Canadiantravelers, there are daily flights from New Yorks JFK airport on South African Airways.Overnight International Flight - DDAY #2 - ARRIVE VICTORIA FALLS, ZIMBABWE, MEET GROUP AND TRANSFER TO CAMPOn arrival into Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, after clearing customs and collecting your bag, we meet as agroup to transfer to our hotel. A ROAM associate meets travelers at the airport as they arrive, and toget the group organized for transfer with our destination specialist representative to the Victoria FallsHotel where we will spend two nights. Game (wildlife) viewing activity after arrival.Overnight Victoria Falls Hotel - DAbout The Victoria Falls Hotel - popularly known as "the grand old lady of the Falls", is situated inthe Victoria Falls National Park, a world heritage site, and is a member of the exclusive LeadingHotels of the World group. The Edwardian-style five-star hotel, built in 1904, combines the charm ofthe old with the convenience of the new. Set in lush tropical gardens with lily ponds, palm trees and
- semi-tropical shrubs, it provides the tranquility and seclusion that many guests seek. The famousVictoria Falls are just a ten-minute walk away using the hotels private pathway, and "the smoke thatthunders" or "Mosi-O-Tunya" in the local dialect, is clearly audible and visible from this luxuriouslandmark. If you wish to take in some game viewing, a 3 mile drive (or walk) will bring you to thenational park and, guided by professional rangers, you will have the opportunity to seek outZimbabwes "big five" - elephant, rhino, leopard, lion, and buffalo.DAY #3 - VICTORIA FALLS & ELEPHANT BACK SAFARIEnjoy the morning at leisure in Victoria Falls. The falls are just a 10 minute walk away for us to enjoytheir beauty. We also have Victoria Falls town at our disposal. In the afternoon, we head to theelephant orphanage to care for the elephants followed by an elephant back safari.Overnight Victoria Falls Hotel - B/L/DDAY #4 - VICTORIA FALLS TO HWANGE NATIONAL PARK, ZIMBABWEThis morning, after breakfast and check-out from the hotel, we transfer to Davisons Camp where wewill spend three nights. Morning and evening game (wildlife) viewing drives.Overnight Little Makololo Camp - B/L/DLittle Makololo Camp Little Makalolo Camp Little Makalolo Camp lies in the heart of HwangeNational Park, in one of its best game viewing areas, overlooking a vibrant waterhole. The camps six
- rooms have en-suite facilities, with both indoor and outdoor showers. Solar power is used forelectricity ensuring a lighter environmental footprint. The living areas include a dining room, lounge,plunge pool and an open fire area for those convivial evening fireside tales. There is a log pile hideoverlooking the waterhole in front of camp where guests can enjoy wildlife viewing during the siestahours. Activities at Little Makalolo Camp centre on open 4x4 Land Rover game drives and guidednature walks throughout the Makalolo concession. The areas large number of waterholes attractsgame in both quantity and variety, especially in the winter months when Hwange is literally home to aNoahs Ark parade of animals as they come down to quench their thirst. Makalolo is one of the bestareas for seeing impressive herds of buffalo and elephant as well as apex predators such as lion,leopard, wild dog and cheetah. Other general game is very abundant in the Park. Bird life in the areais prolific (400+) and varied, with species frequenting teak woodlands as well as those more typical ofthe drier Kalahari being present.DAY #5 & DAY #6 - HWANGE NATIONAL PARK, ZIMBABWEOn safari (game viewing drives) 2 days in the Linkwasha Concession! Morning and evening game(wildlife) drives.About Hawange National Park - The park covers over 14,600 square kilometres. The park is closeto the edge of the Kalahari desert, a region with little water and very sparse, xerophile vegetation. ThePark hosts 105 mammal species, including 19 large herbivores and eight large carnivores. AllZimbabwes specially protected animals are to be found in Hwange and it is the only protected areawhere gemsbok and brown hyena occur in reasonable numbers. The population of African wild dogsto be found in Hwange is thought to be of one of the largest surviving groups in Africa today.Elephants have been enormously successful in Hwange and the population has increased to farabove that naturally supported by such an area.Overnight Little Makololo Camp - B/L/DDAY #7 - HWANGE NATIONAL PARK, ZIMBABWE TO CAPRIVI STRIP, NAMIBIAToday, after our morning game viewing activity and brunch, we transfer via private light aircraft toKasane Airport (approximate flight time: 1hr). Game viewing en-route via our aircraft. On arrival, wetransfer by road to Kasane Immigration where we will complete customs and immigration and thentransfer via boat (approximate transfer time: 25min) to Impalila Island Lodge where we will spendthree nights. Game (wildlife) viewing activities this afternoon.
- Overnight Muchenje Safari Lodge - B/L/DAbout Muchenje Safari Lodge - the lodge is on the border of the renowned Chobe National Park, isset on an escarpment edge with breath-taking views over the Caprivi Strip. Muchenje is the ONLYlodge to be found in this area, offering a unique wilderness experience and uninhibited game (wildlife)viewing. Twin-bedded, thatched, en suite chalets are sited on the escarpment edge, each with its ownbalcony and unique view. The chalets are exquisitely furnished and great care has been taken tocreate the unique African "ambience". The thatched main lodge includes a dining area, lounge, bar,reception and game viewing platform overlooking the waterhole. The swimming pool, built amongstnatural rock formations, takes full advantage of the African vista and provides a tranquil setting forguests to relax during the heat of the day. Activities include game drives, night drives, bush walks,motorboat excursions, Cultural visit to Muchenje village and school. Encounter Africas big game andbirdlife by boat.DAY #8 & DAY #9 - CAPRIVI STRIP, NAMIBIAOn safari both days in the Caprivi Strip! Morning and evening game (wildlife) drives and watergame viewing activities also.About the Caprivi Strip - There are 13 regions in Namibia, but of these only the Caprivi boasts 6ethnic tribes Subia, Yeyi, Mafwe, San, Tortela and Mbukushu. Amazingly, they have adapted aZambian language Lozi as a common medium of communication. The Caprivi is also the onlyregion that shares its borders with 4 other countries Angola, Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe, allmembers of the Southern African Development Community (SADC). Another huge drawcard is thatthe Caprivi is surrounded by 4 perennial rivers Chobe, Kwando, Linyanti and the mighty Zambezi,
- all areas of wildlife concentration!Overnight Muchenje Safari Lodge - B/L/DDAY #10 - CAPRIVI STRIP, NAMIBIA TO OKAVANGO DELTA, BOTSWANAToday, after our morning game activity and brunch, we transfer to the Kasane Airport arriving in timefor our light aircraft transfer to Banoka Bush Camp (approximate flight time: 1hr 5min) where we willspend three nights in a luxury tented camp. Game (wildlife) viewing activities in the Okavango Delta.Overnight Banoka Bush Camp - B/L/DAbout Banoka Bush Camp - the camp is named in honor of the River San, or Banoka, ancestors ofthe Khoi and the earliest settlers of the Okavango Delta. It is situated in the Khwai Development TrustCommunity Concession, on the banks of the Khwai River in the northeastern corner of the OkavangoDelta adjoining the Moremi Game Reserve. The Khwai River is the northernmost finger of the Deltasalluvial fan. Here you can discover one of the most diverse areas in northern Botswana, with a wealthof wildlife to be seen on drives, walks, and traditional mokoro rides (dug out canoes) (water leveldependent). Banoka Bush Camp is built along the tree line overlooking a lagoon; the whole camp israised off the ground to take in the view. Accommodation is in ten en-suite tented rooms completewith private verandas. The main area consists of a bar, lounge, dining area and plunge pool anddeck. There is an open campfire area to relax in and discuss the days adventures. The camp is
- 100% solar powered. You can expect to see excellent sightings of predators including lion, wild dog,spotted hyena and African wild cat. Huge herds of buffalo along with elephant, hippo, roan, tsessebe,reedbuck, waterbuck and red lechwe to name a few are abundant in the area.DAY #11 & DAY #12 - OKAVANGO DELTA, BOTSWANAOn safari in the amazing Okavango Delta! Well enjoy both land and water game (wildlife) viewingactivities.About the Okavango Delta - The Okavango is a labyrinth of lagoons, lakes and hidden channelscovering an area of over 17,000 square km and the largest inland delta in the world. Trapped in theparched Kalahari sands it is a magnet for the wildlife who depend on the permanent waters of thisunique feature. Sometimes called a "swamp", the Okavango is anything but. Moving, mysterious,placid, gentle and beautiful, from a wide and winding channel it spreads through tiny, almostunnoticeable channels that creep away behind a wall of papyrus reed, into an ever expandingnetwork of increasingly smaller passages.These link a succession of lagoons, islands and islets of various sizes, open grasslands and floodedplains in a mosaic of land and water. Palms and towering trees abound, throwing their shade overcrystal pools, forest glades and grassy knolls. The Okavangos water is remarkably clean and pureand this is almost certainly due to the fact that it passes through very sparsely populated areas on itsjourney from Angola. Despite this, a staggering 660 000 tons of sediment a year are delivered to itsgreat alluvial fan. The overall length of the Delta from the border to the Thamalakane River is a littleunder 300 kms and so the core of the Delta is approximately 200km from end to end.
- Okavango Delta Wildlife - In the lush indigenous forests of the delta and its islands, and along thefloodplains spawned by this great marriage of water and sand, more than 400 species of birdsflourish. On the mainland and among the islands in the delta, lions, elephants, hyenas, wild dog,buffalo, hippo and crocodiles congregate with a teeming variety of antelope and other smaller animals- warthog, mongoose, spotted genets, monkeys, bush babies and tree squirrels.Overnight Banoka Bush Camp - B/L/DDAY #13 - DEPART BOTSWANA FOR RETURN FLIGHTS HOMEAfter a morning game viewing activity and breakfast, we transfer via light aircraft to Maun, Botswanaairport (approximate flight time: 30min). On arrival to the Maun airport, we check-in for return flightshome. B
- TRIP DATE - October 18 - 30, 2013 - (13 days/12 nights)TOTAL PER PERSON - $8,995 per person, land-all-inclusive--optional single supplement (if wanting your own private room - no sharing) - add $3450Room-shares guaranteed on all trips, if you dont want to pay a single supplement fee.Group Size - 12 personsTrip Rating - Easy to ModerateBook Your ROAM Adventure 24 hours a day/7 days a weekTo reserve your place on our ROAM-Zimbabwe Safari, please click here to access our online booking information page orcontact Christy Destremau at ROAM Womens Adventures by email at [email protected] or call 1-877-814-6864to request a booking form and to ask any questions you might have about this trip.Travelers can also reserve their space on any ROAM adventure trip or safari by completing, signing and submitting ourbooking form (Adobe pdf format) by fax or email to our office, or by completing the Paypal deposit payment option locatedat the bottom of each trip destinations itinerary page and on our BOOK NOW page.
- A complete registration package will be emailed to you once you have booked your ROAM safariAdventure.This is a "Land-ALL-Inclusive" Trip, meaning the Trip Price Includes ALL of thefollowing: A professional, expert, English speaking naturalist, destination specialist guide to accompany the group throughout this safari adventure. Professional local, English speaking safari guides throughout the trip. Transportation throughout in open-top 4x4 vehicles driven by knowledgeable, English-speaking safari driver-guides. Guaranteed window seat for every guest. Fees for private charter aircraft (internal airfare) between camps. Fees for all daily game viewing activities including both land and water game viewing excursions. 11 nights superior accommodations in luxury safari camps, lodges, and hotels with private en suite facilities and modern amenities All rooms at camps, lodges and hotels have either 2 twin beds, 2 double beds or some have 2 queen-size beds. Guaranteed room-mate : every woman is guaranteed a room-mate. Single rooms are also available for any traveler wanting her own room by paying the single supplement. ALL meals: breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday. Non-alcoholic and local alcoholic drinks included (excludes premium imported brands &champagne) Complimentary bottled water in vehicles. One ROAM Associate who manages all the details on behalf of our group throughout the entire trip. Applicable hotel and lodge taxes, plus gratuities for baggage handling. Fees and gratuities to naturalist, other safari guides and porters. Ground transportation and corresponding fuel surcharges throughout the adventure Entrance fees to all reserves and game parks. Fees for elephant back safari during our stay in Victoria Falls
- NOT INCLUDED International roundtrip airfare to Johannesburg, South Africa. Passport and visa fees and service charges for obtaining visas for South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia and Botswana. Personal purchases (i.e. souvenirs) and fees for laundry services at camps if used Trip cancellation/Medical Insurance *Please note that there is a supplement applicable for participants surpassing 220 lbs. that is beyond our control. This fee is imposed by the charter company for flights between camps. If you surpass this weight limit, please contact us, so we can communicate the fee to you privately.
- - 2012 and 2013 - ROAM Womens Adventure Tours & Safaris - Complete List of Trip Destinations - Dates & PricesPLEASE NOTE: We have a 12 women limit for most of our Africa Safaris (16 women limit for Uganda/Rwanda) and a 16-24 women limit for our India and Vietnam/Cambodia Tours, and space is available on a firstcome, first serve basis. Since our trips fill quickly, it is recommended to reserve your space as early as possible.Also, unlimited single rooms are available on India and Vietnam/Cambodia trips. However, there are a limitednumber of single rooms available on Africa Safaris and they are available on a first come, first serve basis.**Room-shares are guaranteed on all trips to avoid paying a single supplement.** Best of Northern India - Women Only Tour - October 20-29, 2012 (10 days/9 nights) - US$4,995 per person land-all-inclusive, optional single supplement add $1,490 - Group size: 18-24 women The BEST of UGANDA & RWANDA - Women Only, GORILLA Trekking-Wildlife-Photo Safari - January 13-25, 2013 (13 days/12 nights) - US$8,395 per person land-all-inclusive, optional single supplement add $1,195 - Group size: 16 women The BEST of TANZANIA & KILIMANJARO - Women Only, Kili Climb Plus Fly-in/out, Wildlife-Photo Safari - February 14-March 2, 2013 (17 days/16 nights) - US$9,995 per person land-all-inclusive, optional single supplement add $1,300 - Group size: 12-16 women The BEST of BOTSWANA & ZAMBIA - Fly-in/out, Women Only, Wildlife-Photo Safari - April 4-13, 2013 (10 days/9 nights) - US$8,495 per person land-all-inclusive, optional single supplement add $2,490 - Group size: 12 women Best of Northern India - Women Only Tour - April 6-15, 2013 (10 days/9 nights)
- - US$4,995 per person land-all-inclusive, optional single supplement add $1,490 - Group size: 18-24 women The Ultimate Women Only, VIETNAM & CAMBODIA Active, Cultural Experience - May 4-17, 2013 (14 days/13 nights) - US$4,495 per person land-all-inclusive, optional single supplement add $1,290 - Group size: 18-24 women The BEST of ZIMBABWE - Women Only, Fly-in/out, Wildlife-Photo Safari - October 8-18, 2013 (11 days/10 nights) - US$8,195 per person land-all-inclusive, optional single supplement add $1,895 - Group size: 12 women The BEST of SOUTHERN AFRICA: Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia - Fly-in/out, Women Only, Wildlife-Photo Safari - October 18-30, 2013 (13 days/12 nights) - US$8,995 per person land-all-inclusive, optional single supplement add $3,450 - Group size: 12 women The BEST of NAMBIA - Women Only, Rhino Trekking-Wildlife, Photo Safari - November 1-12, 2013 (12 days/11 nights) - US$7,895 per person land-all-inclusive, optional single supplement add $1,890 - Group size: 12 women