ROAM Women's Adventures Africa Sampler Safari!
Embed Size (px)
Women Only Safari to Namibia, Botswana and Zimbabwe
Transcript of ROAM Women's Adventures Africa Sampler Safari!
- IMPORTANT NOTES Travel to Africa requires a passport valid six months beyond your return date and a minimumof two (2) blank VISA pages in your passport (if you are visiting more than one country inAfrica, you must have an additional blank visa page available for each country).It is important to reconrm all of your commercial ight arrangements with the relevantairline at least 48 hours prior to departure. Please ask ask us if you need assistance.Travel to Africa, including Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia may require a vaccination againstYellow Fever. Please contact your travel healthcare professional for more information. Be sureto carry your yellow vaccination card with you during travel as you may be required to presentit at immigration.Entry into Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia: A passport and visa are required.A visa for all 3countries can be obtained upon arrival.CONTACT -If youre excited by the thought of joining one of our Active, Small Group WomensTours or Safaris to Africa, India or Vietnam and Cambodia then now is the time toreserve your space. The earlier you book the more you save! Once youre ROAMadventure trip is booked, your trip price is guaranteed NOT to increase. Otherwise,prices are subject to change.Our Travel Consultants are available to respond to questions and inquiries... By email : 7 days a week - 24 hours a day - We try to respond within 24 hours ofreceiving your inquiry. By telephone : Monday - Friday : 10 am to 4 pm EST
- ITINERARYDAY #1 - DEPART FROM USA OR YOUR HOME TO VICTORIA FALLS, ZIMBABWETravelers take an overnight flight from their home to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe. For USA and Canadiantravelers, there are daily flights from New Yorks JFK airport on South African Airways.Overnight International Flight - DDAY #2 - ARRIVE VICTORIA FALLS, ZIMBABWE, MEET GROUP AND TRANSFER TO CAMPOn arrival into Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe, after clearing customs and collecting your bag, we meet as agroup to transfer to our hotel. A ROAM associate meets travelers at the airport as they arrive, and toget the group organized for transfer with our destination specialist representative to the Victoria FallsHotel where we will spend two nights. Game (wildlife) viewing activity after arrival.Overnight Victoria Falls Hotel - DAbout The Victoria Falls Hotel - popularly known as "the grand old lady of the Falls", is situated inthe Victoria Falls National Park, a world heritage site, and is a member of the exclusive LeadingHotels of the World group. The Edwardian-style five-star hotel, built in 1904, combines the charm ofthe old with the convenience of the new. Set in lush tropical gardens with lily ponds, palm trees and
- semi-tropical shrubs, it provides the tranquility and seclusion that many guests seek. The famousVictoria Falls are just a ten-minute walk away using the hotels private pathway, and "the smoke thatthunders" or "Mosi-O-Tunya" in the local dialect, is clearly audible and visible from this luxuriouslandmark. If you wish to take in some game viewing, a 3 mile drive (or walk) will bring you to thenational park and, guided by professional rangers, you will have the opportunity to seek outZimbabwes "big five" - elephant, rhino, leopard, lion, and buffalo.DAY #3 - VICTORIA FALLS & ELEPHANT BACK SAFARIEnjoy the morning at leisure in Victoria Falls. The falls are just a 10 minute walk away for us to enjoytheir beauty. We also have Victoria Falls town at our disposal. In the afternoon, we head to theelephant orphanage to care for the elephants followed by an elephant back safari.Overnight Victoria Falls Hotel - B/L/DDAY #4 - VICTORIA FALLS TO HWANGE NATIONAL PARK, ZIMBABWEThis morning, after breakfast and check-out from the hotel, we transfer to Davisons Camp where wewill spend three nights. Morning and evening game (wildlife) viewing drives.Overnight Little Makololo Camp - B/L/DLittle Makololo Camp Little Makalolo Camp Little Makalolo Camp lies in the heart of HwangeNational Park, in one of its best game viewing areas, overlooking a vibrant waterhole. The camps six
- rooms have en-suite facilities, with both indoor and outdoor showers. Solar power is used forelectricity ensuring a lighter environmental footprint. The living areas include a dining room, lounge,plunge pool and an open fire area for those convivial evening fireside tales. There is a log pile hideoverlooking the waterhole in front of camp where guests can enjoy wildlife viewing during the siestahours. Activities at Little Makalolo Camp centre on open 4x4 Land Rover game drives and guidednature walks throughout the Makalolo concession. The areas large number of waterholes attractsgame in both quantity and variety, especially in the winter months when Hwange is literally home to aNoahs Ark parade of animals as they come down to quench their thirst. Makalolo is one of the bestareas for seeing impressive herds of buffalo and elephant as well as apex predators such as lion,leopard, wild dog and cheetah. Other general game is very abundant in the Park. Bird life in the areais prolific (400+) and varied, with species frequenting teak woodlands as well as those more typical ofthe drier Kalahari being present.DAY #5 & DAY #6 - HWANGE NATIONAL PARK, ZIMBABWEOn safari (game viewing drives) 2 days in the Linkwasha Concession! Morning and evening game(wildlife) drives.About Hawange National Park - The park covers over 14,600 square kilometres. The park is closeto the edge of the Kalahari desert, a region with little water and very sparse, xerophile vegetation. ThePark hosts 105 mammal species, including 19 large herbivores and eight large carnivores. AllZimbabwes specially protected animals are to be found in Hwange and it is the only protected areawhere gemsbok and brown hyena occur in reasonable numbers. The population of African wild dogsto be found in Hwange is thought to be of one of the largest surviving groups in Africa today.Elephants have been enormously successful in Hwange and the population has increased to farabove that naturally supported by such an area.Overnight Little Makololo Camp - B/L/DDAY #7 - HWANGE NATIONAL PARK, ZIMBABWE TO CAPRIVI STRIP, NAMIBIAToday, after our morning game viewing activity and brunch, we transfer via private light aircraft toKasane Airport (approximate flight time: 1hr). Game viewing en-route via our aircraft. On arrival, wetransfer by road to Kasane Immigration where we will complete customs and immigration and thentransfer via boat (approximate transfer time: 25min) to Impalila Island Lodge where we will spendthree nights. Game (wildlife) viewing activities this afternoon.
- Overnight Muchenje Safari Lodge - B/L/DAbout Muchenje Safari Lodge - the lodge is on the border of the renowned Chobe National Park, isset on an escarpment edge with breath-taking views over the Caprivi Strip. Muchenje is the ONLYlodge to be found in this area, offering a unique wilderness experience and uninhibited game (wildlife)viewing. Twin-bedded, thatched, en suite chalets are sited on the escarpment edge, each with its ownbalcony and unique view. The chalets are exquisitely furnished and great care has been taken tocreate the unique African "ambience". The thatched main lodge includes a dining area, lounge, bar,reception and game viewing platform overlooking the waterhole. The swimming pool, built amongstnatural rock formations, takes full advantage of the African vista and provides a tranquil setting forguests to relax during the heat of the day. Activities include game drives, night drives, bush walks,motorboat excursions, Cultural visit to Muchenje village and school. Encounter Africas big game andbirdlife by boat.DAY #8 & DAY #9 - CAPRIVI STRIP, NAMIBIAOn safari both days in the Caprivi Strip! Morning and evening game (wildlife) drives and watergame viewing activities also.About the Caprivi Strip - There are 13 regions in Namibia, but of these only the Caprivi boasts 6ethnic tribes Subia, Yeyi, Mafwe, San, Tortela and Mbukushu. Amazingly, they have adapted aZambian language Lozi as a common medium of communication. The Caprivi is also the onlyregion that shares its borders with 4 other countries Angola, Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe, allmembers of the Southern African Development Community (SADC). Another huge drawcard is thatthe Caprivi is surrounded by 4 perennial rivers Chobe, Kwando, Linyanti and the mighty Zambezi,
- all areas of wildlife concentration!Overnight Muchenje Safari Lodge - B/L/DDAY #10 - CAPRIVI STRIP, NAMIBIA TO OKAVANGO DELTA, BOTSWANAToday, after our morning game activity and brunch, we transfer to the Kasane Airport arriving in timefor our light aircraft transfer to Banoka Bush Camp (approximate flight time: 1hr 5min) where we willspend three nights in a luxury tented camp. Game (wildlife) viewing activities in the Okavango Delta.Overnight Banoka Bush Camp - B/L/DAbout Banoka Bush Camp - the camp is named in honor of the River San, or Banoka, ancestors ofthe Khoi and the earliest settlers of the Okavango Delta. It is situated in the Khwai Development TrustCommunity Concession, on the banks of the Khwai River in the northeastern corner of the OkavangoDelta adjoining the Moremi Game Reserve. The Khwai River is the northernmost finger of the Deltasalluvial fan. Here you can discover one of the most diverse areas in northern Botswana, with a wealthof wildlife to be seen on drives, walks, and traditional mokoro rides (dug out canoes) (water leveldependent). Banoka Bush Camp is built along the tree line overlooking a lagoon; the whole camp israised off the ground to take in the view. Accommodation