Present Continuous and present simple
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Present Continuous and present simple
- 1. Present Continuous Present Simple
2. Present Simple * Repeated or habitual actions. IALWAYS brushmy teeth in the morning. YouOFTEN singin the shower. HeUSUALLY drinkscoffee. WeSOMETIMES gohome through the park. YouRARELY visitmuseums. TheyNEVER goskiing. *Universal truths : Water boils at 100 degrees The Earthisspherical The sunrisesin the east. 3. Forming Simple Present I sing dont sing Yousing dont sing He/she/it sing s do es nt sing We singdont sing You sing dont sing They sing dont sing 4. Present Continuous * An action going on now .Iamnotbrushingmy teethRIGHT NOW . Youare readinga bookRIGHT NOW . Heis stayingout lateTONIGHT . Sheis writinga letterRIGHT NOW . * Ongoing action (may be for a LONGER period of time) or temporal situations Weare talkingabout J.LoT HIS WEEK . 5. Forming Present Continuous I AMsing ing am NOTsing ing YouARE sing ing are NOTsing ing He/she/it IS sing ing isNOTsing ing We ARE sing ing are NOTsing ing You ARE sing ing are NOTsing ing They ARE sing ing are NOTsing ing 6. Lets compare!
- Present Simple
- WeALWAYSeat bread.
- HeUSUALLYcomes alone.
- SheRARELYgoes skating.
- Tigers live in the jungle.
- Present Continuous
- TODAYwe are eating beans.
- He is coming with a friendTONIGHT .
- She is skatingRIGHT NOW .
- The tiger is huntingNOW .
Lets practice! This is Wolfie.1. Tell me what he is doing in each picture.2. Then, tell me a general truth about wolves or Wolfie BUT w olvescantfly. Wolf ie is flyingin the picture. 8.
- Wolf ie is doingyoga in the picture.
- Wolvesdont doyoga.
What is he doing now? 9.
- Wolfieis restingright now.
- Wolfieget svery tiredafter running 10 kms
What is he doing? 10.
What is he doing now? 11.
What is he doing now?