Oš litija presentation
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Oš litija presentation
2. Slovenia, a small country in central Europe, lies at the meeting point of the Alps, the Dinaric mountain range, the Pannonian Plain, and theAdriatic Sea. Few places in the world boast such a variety oflandscape as Slovenia with a surface area of no more than 20,265 km2. Geografically speaking, Slovenia is one of the most diverse countriesin Europe. Therefore, the diversity of landscape is the most typical and recognizable feature of the country. It lies at a crossroadsof important international routes which link the Alpine and Central Europe with the Adriatic and lead from Westeren Europe to South-eastern Europe. This certain fact makes it an easily accesible region. Slovene people live on the territory where cultural and natural worlds of different nations have been interwoven for centuries. As a result, Slovenia has been a meeting point of different cultures and influences as it noticeable in its today`s image. 3. ZEMLJEVID SLOVENIJE 4. Litija, was first noted in the year 1145. The name comes out from the Latin names Litus meaning a bank of a river. In the pastthe river Sava was a very important water wayfor boatmen and raftsmen. The first wooden bridge across the Sava 5. In 1848 the railway Wienna - Trieste ran through the townand changed the way of life in the town completely. 6. 7. Litija, the town of nearly 7000 inhabitants is situated in the basin on the two banks by the Sava river. This picturesque town is surrounded by rolling hills Sitarjevec, Svibno, Veliki Vrh and Gradie which from their peaks give the citizens or tourists a nice vista. The Castle Turn, the church of St. Nicholas and Litija Primary School are placed in the old town kernel on the right bank. Here one can find important institutions, banks, shops and restaurants. 8. Seven kilometres from the town on the top of the hillthere is the castle Bogenperk whose owner wasJanez Vajkard Valvasor, nobleman and polymath,Slovenia`s Renaissance Man. 9. He collected data on natural phenomena and local customs,as well as books, drawings, mineral specimens and coins. His The Glory of the Dutchy of Carniola (1689) contains 3500 pages with 535 maps, copper engravings and illustrations.Valvasor explained the mystery of disappearing karts lakes andrivers in his treatise on the karts phenomenon of the intermittent lake Cerknica. It aroused so much that he was made a member of the Royal Society in London. 10. Litija, as it was seenin the copper engraving made in the copperplate workshop at Valvasor s Bogenperk Castle. 11. The Primary School Litija is located in the very centre of Litija onthe bank of the river. It is housed in the two old buildings connectedtogether by a new smaller one. One of them was the school building in the past and the other at was a previous courthouse. It is one of the oldest and the most beautiful buildings in the town. 12. Vision:P rimary schoolLitijawill become a sports and cultural center that offers superior performance, excellent knowledge, rich culture, friendly atmosphere and personal development of each student. 13. 14. 455 students attent the Litija Primary School, 37 in the two of sub-school in the Villages Polnik and Sava, 41 pupils in the sub-school forchildren who are educated with adapted curriculum and 16 kids in the Kindergarten Polhki in Polnik. SAVA POLNIK 15.
- International cooperation
- Cooperation with neighborhood
Our strengths: 16. SPORTS CLASSES - very tallented basketball and football players from this school were ranked among the state`s best. 17.
- FREE TIME ACTIVITIES, COMPETITIONS, PROJECTS, EVENTS...
- - the school cares about student`s free time offering them 51
- different extra-curriculum activities,
- competitions in 16different subject areas,
- 8 different School or International or Innovation projects
- some events.
18. PROJECTS EXTRA-TUTORIAL CLASSESfor very gifted and tallented students SPORTS CLASSES for pupil aged between 7 and 11 (five school lessons of physical education a week 19. SCHOOL WINTER 20. SUMMER CAMPS VACATIONSin the countryside 21. School library 22. Various events 23. THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR 24. THE INTEGRATION of children with behaviour deviances into the community of children in the central school. Litija Primary School is the only school in the community of Litija which houses the Schoolwith the adapted curriculum where the children with physical and mental disabilities are educated. 25. P resentation prepared by members of the library club and mentor NenaMandelj. Litija, october 2011