Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Media spooky
- 1. Initial Ideas We had many ideas on quite a wide range of documentaries including: 1. How the social life of teenagers affects education 2. Investigating the existence of paranormal activity 3. wildlife documentary on deforestation However we have come to the conclusion that investigating the existence of paranormal activity will be the best possible option. We made this decision through an elimination process of firstly how interesting a documentary on that subject would be, and then how realistic the ideas were. So for example whether we have the resources and knowledge to make that documentary. We decided that a documentary on this topic suits us best for many reasons: 1. We know of many people who we could interview that claim to have experienced paranormal occurrences 2. We ourselves have in common an interest in the paranormal world and would very much like to be able to try and answer the question of its existence 3. We feel that the fear factor that comes with this documentary will be much more interesting to the audience in comparison to many of the other clich documentary ideas .
- 2. Research into similar products I looked at many other documentaries that cover this subject as inspiration and to possibly use as a guide when making our documentary. Most haunted is a British paranormal mystery documentary reality television series. Led by Yvette Fielding, the programme investigated purported paranormal activity in many locations in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland and other countries. It was produced by Antix Productions and broadcast on the satellite and cable channels Living TV, Livingit, and Channel One. Ghost hunters is an American paranormal reality television series that premiered on October 6, 2004, on Syfy (previously the Sci Fi Channel). The program features paranormal investigators Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson who investigate places that are reported to be haunted. The two originally worked as plumbers for Roto-Rooter as a day job while investigating locations at night. The Amityville Horror: The Real Story is an expository documentary which investigates what really happened in that infamous house. Where an entire family was haunted and murdered.
- 3. Possible filming locations I used a website called Derelict Places to find any abandoned buildings that could be used in the production of our documentary. Here are two which seem to be very suitable in creating a spooky/creepy atmosphere for the audience: Obviously we would ask landowners permission to film there.
- 4. St Peters Mortuary, Chertsey, Surrey St Peter's Hospital was built in the 1940's to house the casualties of WW2. But in time it was decided that the mortuary was too small to cope with the increase of bodies and too far away from the main hospital. So a new mortuary was built in the main buildings at the cost of 4.8 million... very creepy and probably my preferable destination.
- 5. Gravel Pit, Weybridge, Surrey This gravel pit was active until about five years ago. Main interest is the gravel sorting equipment and some workshops and storage areas. Most of the interior spaces are quite cramped and this place does create an uncomfortable atmosphere! Would be a useful location.
- 6. Gravel Pit, Weybridge, Surrey This gravel pit was active until about five years ago. Main interest is the gravel sorting equipment and some workshops and storage areas. Most of the interior spaces are quite cramped and this place does create an uncomfortable atmosphere! Would be a useful location.