Eduu 551 powerpoint
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Eduu 551 powerpoint
- 1. Metamorphis of a Frog
2. Frogs lay there eggs in water or wet places.
3. The egg becomes a tadpole.
4. The tadpole swims around catching food. They eatplants and decaying animal matter.
5. After about 5 weeks the tadpole begins to grow legs and its tail shortens.
6. About 11 weeks after the egg is laid, the tadpole fully develops into a frog and emerges from the water.
7. The frog now eats insect, worms, and other prey
8. The frog will find a mate and lay eggs.
9. The life cycle starts all over again.
10. Check out these websites for more information about the life cycle of frogshttp://www.tooter4kids.com/Frogs/life_cycle_of_frogs.htmhttp://allaboutfrogs.org/weird/general/cycle.html
11. Grade 2 Standard Life Science2. Plants and animals have predictable life cycles. As a basis for understanding this concept: a. Students know that organisms reproduce offspring of their own kind and that the offspring resemble their parents and one another. b. Students know the sequential stages of life cycles are different for different animals,such as butterflies, frogs, and mice.c. Students know many characteristics of an organism are inherited from the parents. Some characteristics are caused or influenced by the environment.d. Students know there is variation among individuals of one kind within a population.