- 1. Rob ReynoldsE-PORTFOLIO My portfolio has been designed to provide you with a review of my academic and professional background and to show evidence of meeting the Iowa Teaching Standards. Tell me and I will forget, Show me and I will learn, Involve me and IWill Understand.--Chinese proverb To Dr. Dowdles Questions Faith Standard License Honors
2. INDEX State of Iowa Teaching Standards Standard 1 Demonstrates ability to enhance academic performance and support for implementation of the school district's studentachievementgoals. Standard 2 Demonstrates competence incontentknowledge appropriate to the teaching position. Standard 3 Demonstrates competence inplanningand preparing for instruction. Standard 4 Uses strategies to deliverinstructionthat meet the multiple learning needs of students. Standard 5 Uses a variety of methods to monitor student learning.Assessment Standard 6 Demonstrates competence inclassroom management . Standard 7 Engages in professionalgrowth . Standard 8 Fulfills professionalresponsibilitiesestablished by the school district.Faith Standard Demonstrates an activefaithlife professionally as well as personally. Faith Standard License Honors 3. Standard 1 Demonstrates ability to enhance academic performance and support for implementation of the school district's student achievement goals.
- Provides evidence of student learning to students, families, and staff. Artifact:
- Implements strategies supporting student, building, and district goals. Artifact:
- c.Uses student performance data as a guide for decision making.Artifact:
- d.Accepts and demonstrates responsibility for creating a classroom culture that supports the learning of every student. Artifact: :
- e.Creates an environment of mutual respect, rapport, and fairness. Artifact:
- f.Participates in and contributes to a school culture that focuses on improved student learning. Artifact:
- g.Communicates with students, families, colleagues, and communities effectively and accurately. Artifact:
Course Syllabus Mimio Work Faith Standard License Honors 4.
- 1G.This syllabus is handed out the first day of school.I use it to communicate with students and parents the expectations of my course.I also refer to it occasionally throughout the year as a reminder.
Standard 1 Artifact Reflection Faith Standard License Honors 5. Standard 2 Demonstrates competence in content knowledge appropriate to the teaching position.
- a.Understands and uses key concepts, underlying themes, relationships, and different perspectives related to the content area.Artifact:
- b.Uses knowledge of student development to make learning experiences in the content area meaningful and accessible for every student. Artifact:
- c.Relates ideas and information within and across content areas. Artifact:Gold Seal
- d.Understands and uses instructional strategies that are appropriate to the content area. Artifact:
Handout Magazine Faith Standard License Honors 6.
- 2a. This handout is used as a review for a test in a low level Algebra 2 class.It is the same format as the test and is completed with the students the day before the test.The students may refer to this handout while taking their test.
Standard 2 Artifact Reflection Faith Standard License Honors 7. Standard 3 Demonstrates competence in planning and preparing for instruction.
- a.Uses student achievement data, local standards, and the district curriculum in planning for instruction. Artifact:
- b.Sets and communicates high expectations for social, behavioral, and academic success of all students.Artifact:
- c.Uses students developmental needs, backgrounds, and interests in planning for instruction. Artifact:
- d.Selects strategies to engage all students in learning. Artifact:
- e.Uses available resources, including technologies, in the development and sequencing of instruction. Artifact:
Gold Seal Student Email Reading Strategies Faith Standard License Honors 8.
- 3d. This is a sample of a students gold seal lesson.This student showed excellent understanding of the problem and demonstrated excellent use of technology to display his thoughts.
Standard 3 Artifact Reflection Faith Standard License Honors 9. Standard 4 Uses strategies to deliver instruction that meet the multiple learning needs of students.
- a.Aligns classroom instruction with local standards and district curriculum. Artifact:
- b.Uses research-based instructional strategies that address the full range of cognitive levels. Artifact:
- c.Demonstrates flexibility and responsiveness in adjusting instruction to meet student needs. Artifact:
- d.Engages students in varied experiences that meet diverse needs and promote social, emotional, and academic growth. Artifact:
- e.Connects students' prior knowledge, life experiences, and interests in the instructional process. Artifact:
- f.Uses available resources, including technologies, in the delivery of instruction.Artifact:
Online Homework Sample GradedWork Magazine Standards Faith Standard License Honors 10.
- 4f.This is a sample of a daily homework assignment I would assign to my Algebra 2C class.Students liked to do their homework online because of the tutorials available to them while completing their assignments.I found that using this technology almost completely eliminated re-teaching.
Standard 4 Artifact Reflection Faith Standard License Honors 11. Standard 5 Uses a variety of methods to monitor student learning.
- a.Aligns classroom assessment with instruction. Artifact:
- Communicates assessment criteria and standards to all students and parents.Artifact:
- c.Understands and uses the results of multiple assessments to guide planning and instructionArtifact:
- Guides students in goal setting and assessing their own learning. Artifact:
- e.Provides substantive, timely, and constructive feedback to students and parents. Artifact: Edline Update edline daily homework
- f.Works with other staff and building and district leadership in analysis of student progress. Artifact:
Handout Edline Faith Standard License Honors 12.
- 5a. This handout is a review for a test which is aligned exactly with the format of test.In a lower level math class, I find that it is often the case that students understand how to do the mathematics, but simply dont understand what the question wants them to do.Aligning the review to the test helps these students tremendously.
- 5e.This is a link to Edline where I post grades at least once a week to communicate with students and parents progress of each student.
Standard 5 Artifact Reflection Faith Standard License Honors 13. Standard 6 Demonstrates competence in classroom management.
- a.Creates a learning community that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement, and self-regulation to every student. Artifact:
- b.Establishes, communicates, models, and maintains standards of responsible student behavior. Artifact:
- c.Develops and implements classroom procedures and routines that support high expectation for student learning. Artifact:
- d.Uses instructional time effectively to maximize student achievement. Artifact:
- Creates a safe and purposeful learning environment. Artifact:
Prayer Faith Standard License Honors 14.
- 6e. I Begin class with the Notre Dame Prayer book for students called Day by Day.I feel that praying with my students brings to the forefront that I care about my students.Students will perform better for teachers they respect and like.
Standard 6 Artifact Reflection Faith Standard License Honors 15. Standard 7 Engages in Professional Growth.
- a.Demonstrates habits and skills of continuous inquiry and learning. Artifact:
- Works collaboratively to improve professional practice and student learning. Artifact:
- c.Applies research, knowledge, and skills from professional development opportunities to improve practice. Artifact:Edline interactive E-Portfo
- Establishes and implements professional development plans based upon the teachers need aligned to the Iowa teaching standards and district/building achievement goals. Artifact:
Edline E-Portfolio ICTM Conference Faith Standard License Honors 16.
- 7c.E-Portfolio was one of the most helpful in-services Ive had here at Dowling!It is an excellent way to displaymy academic and professional background and to show evidence of meeting the Iowa Teaching Standards.
Standard 7 Artifact Reflection Faith Standard License Honors 17. Standard 8 Fulfills professional responsibilities established by the school district.
- Adheres to board policies, district procedures, and contractual obligations. Artifact:
- Demonstrates professional and ethical conduct as defined by state law and district policy. Artifact:
- c.Contributes to efforts to achieve district and build