Colin spiller presentation may 2011
of 14 /14
Embed Size (px)
Turning concepts into revenues
Transcript of Colin spiller presentation may 2011
- 1. TARGET DRIVEN CONSULTING TOUCH Relationship building Orchestrated multi-level / multi-phase contact process Focused, relevant, valuable information flow Targeted communications Highly cost effective G4H LIMITED, 2001-2008. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- 2. About G4hTARGET DRIVEN CONSULTING G4h Focus Turning Concepts into Revenues Colin Spiller Touch a New Way to Sell proposition channel major account development building development marketing consulting ROI solution Touch positioning campaign go-to-market strategy execution market market market relationships demand evaluation entry mapping generation G4H LIMITED, 2001-2011. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- 3. Theory: Demand Generation IssuesTARGET DRIVEN CONSULTING meeting How many contacts get wasted on the way? Does your marketing support sales? contact Unfocused message Irrelevant No budget Wrong person Wrong impression / image Too much data to digest Result - Asked to be target removed from list LIST Inaccurate list Impersonal generic messages How big is your Interesting but not potential market? compelling G4H LIMITED, 2001-2011. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- 4. Theory: Todays WorldTARGET DRIVEN CONSULTING Large purchases are a team decision Multiple decision-makers IT Business Finance Multiple influencers Internal colleagues, specialists, consultants External Press, Analysts, etc. Personal network, memberships, vendor relationships Does your CRM store this information? G4H LIMITED, 2001-2011. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- 5. Theory: Issues - 1TARGET DRIVEN CONSULTING Making first contact is hard in todays market: Tele marketing Mail & email shots Advertising and PR Events, exhibitions and seminars Networking Little black books Today you need to establish a relationship with your potential customers before you can sell to them to address: Trust Risk adverse Name awareness Comfort G4H LIMITED, 2001-2011. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- 6. Theory: Issues - 2TARGET DRIVEN CONSULTING Developing and maintaining an accurate database of your prospective market is hard Lost in CRM systems which are not updated In the sales persons mind / black book Only focused on the current deals Whose job is it? + Hard to source initially Lack of clarity & measurement Protecting your relationships / knowledge is hard Relationships reside with individual staff (sales), who can leave Relationships often focus on companies and not tracking individuals Maintaining relationships is often not a sales but a marketing function G4H LIMITED, 2001-2011. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- 7. Touch: ObjectiveTARGET DRIVEN CONSULTING What You Need Overcome The Challenges Who decides? Inaccurate data Who influences? One Hit Wonders too much, too early Do we know them? Mismatching message to recipient How are they connected? Focus on offering, not need What motivates them? Poor follow-up What are the organisations priorities? Inadequate / unappealing follow- on activity What do they need? Data lost in the CRM system Have they a budget? Focus on now prospects How do they make decisions? Too much data - Is there an incumbent supplier? - Too little knowledge!!!!! G4H LIMITED, 2001-2011. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- 8. Touch Process: OverviewTARGET DRIVEN CONSULTING Targets Topics Touch 1. Identify 1. Market Issues 1. Collateral - people - Stumbleupon - issues - Digg 2. Map relationships 2. Call to Action - internal 2. Company Issues - Meeting - external - Event - Web Trawl - Benchmark - Contacts - Survey - Survey 3. Profile 3. Alliances 3. Follow - up PA to PA G4H LIMITED, 2001-2011. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- 9. G4H LIMITED, 2001-2011. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Events r ou l es es es T ss rtic t t Pre e e e da d d -n -n -liiin es es es By By By su su su licy t iiis Po t t rke ke ke Ma / M M A ion ,P C, C, BC lat BB BB ,B iles se s s FT dia gi llllll Le na Me Prof relea to to to to to tio IT Na ediiiiiia M Partnership events ce e e e e e Sponsored events Pr e ss Sector media an an an an an an Governance Consultants ip Fn Fn Fn Fn Fn Fiiiiiin & events dersh ship s es ht Lea sin Bu or ry Spons sts sr sr ust s g aly Ind dies rs n d n d fing T hou An Bo o o Use or Brie BloTOUCH Types C, ID er, rtn Ga ch onn n t ar en se to tio at nels Re n l n l r r r m han bo bo bo m Co Cha ha lllllla Co Co Co ers e Pap ch s ch s ches Whit Spee S e S e TARGET DRIVEN CONSULTING
- 10. Process: Touch Quality AssuranceTARGET DRIVEN CONSULTING Campaign QA Specification Clean Database Update Database Define QA QA Maintain Build raw Universe of Operational database targets database QA Touches Call Results QA Create Mail-merge Send Concept Touch Item Mailing List Touch Item Touch Item QA Review G4H LIMITED, 2001-2011. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- 11. What makes a good TOUCH?TARGET DRIVEN CONSULTING Topical, on the radar of the target, something that they are worrying about. Something it is hard to get straight information on Strong head line, saying how it really is, empathy with what people are thinking, posing a question, fear of a possible disaster Forming an industry body in some way or telling what a respected competitor is doing Something of value to the target sources Stumbleupon or Digg Information perhaps about the industry or future developments Survey, Event, Conference speaker slot Novelty or different but not sensational Clear message & clear call to action Professional approach Quality letter, well written, lots of white space, attachments Professional follow up, polite, efficient, responsive Low key follow up, not selling being helpful - PA to PA G4H LIMITED, 2001-2011. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- 12. Benefits of TOUCHTARGET DRIVEN CONSULTING Builds a sustainable relationship over time Allows you to uncover and track opportunities Low key, non-aggressive marketing Allows you to develop an accurate database which is self cleaning The relationship is with your company not an individual Your can track a contact when they move Can be executed and maintained in-house It is cost effective to implement Bulk of effort is low level professional admin/tele staff It is more effective and targeted than other forms of demand generation such advertising, tele marketing etc. G4H LIMITED, 2001-2011. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- 13. TARGET DRIVEN CONSULTING G4h Clients DENE NESS G4H LIMITED, 2001-2011. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
- 14. G4h LimitedTARGET DRIVEN CONSULTING proposition development market Colin Spiller market evaluation entry W: www.g4h.co.uk consulting go-to-market strategy M: 07770465011 marketing ROI market relationships mapping demand execution solution generation positioning channel major account building E: colin.spiller @g4h.co.uk development www .3cscommunity.com G4H LIMITED, 2001-2011. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.