All You Need to Know About Wastewater Treatment System
Embed Size (px)
Wastewater can cause serious economic, environmental and health effects if left untreated. Read this presentation to know more on the impacts and importance of wastewater treatment system.
Transcript of All You Need to Know About Wastewater Treatment System
- DID YOU KNOW? The global burden of human disease caused by sewage pollution of coastal waters has been estimated at 4 million lost person- years annually. A variety of materials enters into the sewage system from a typical home, office or industry. Sewage contains solids and chemicals like nitrogen, phosphates and bacteria that affect the environment.
- IMPACTS OF WASTEWATER increased direct and indirect costs caused by increased illness and mortality higher costs for producing drinking and industrial water, resulting in higher tariffs loss of income from fisheries and aquaculture poor water quality loss of valuable biodiversity loss in real estate values, when the quality of the surroundings deteriorates
- COMMON BENEFITS OF SEWAGE WASTEWATER TREATMENT save money by recycling the wastewater for use around the garden limit the impact your home has on the environment protect precious stores of groundwater and stored rainfall in dams by recycling reduce your impact on municipal sewage systems by installing a domestic treatment system
- ENVIRONMENTAL BENEFITS Less contaminated sediments and sludge build-up Decreased pathogens and BOD (Biological Oxygen Demand)
- ECONOMIC BENEFITS Increased property values Reduced human health risks Increased recreational opportunities
- WHY IS A SEWAGE TREATMENT PLANT NECESSARY? A sewage treatment plant actively treats sewage in the tank before safely discharging it into the environment. It removes 90-99% of the solids and pollutants to comply with local and/or national environmental regulations. It potentially improves the resale value of your property.
- ADVANCED WASTEWATER TREATMENT SYSTEMS Investments in sewage treatment plants can have a variety of implications and beneficial effects. For cost-effective wastewater treatment systems, septic system alternative products, and storm water treatment contact Bio-Microbics. Website: http://www.biomicrobics.com Phone: 1-913-422-0707