3 Donor Trends That Will Kick Your Butt Unless You Get Ahead of Them
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of 3 Donor Trends That Will Kick Your Butt Unless You Get Ahead of Them
- 1. 3 Donor Trends That Will Kick Your Butt Unless You Get Ahead of Them Jeff BrooksConference Sponsored by Track Sponsored by
- 2. Donors are crossing channel lines Trend #1
- 3. I respond in the way that works for me!
- 4. 5%5% toto 20%20% of direct mailof direct mail response happensresponse happens onlineonline
- 5. Get mail, give onlineGet mail, give online Get mail, research online,Get mail, research online, give by mailgive by mail Get mail, give by onlineGet mail, give by online bill-paybill-pay Get email, give by mailGet email, give by mail
- 6. But its good news
- 7. Make it easy to cross channels Tell them where they can give online (giving page URL). Prominent on homepage Tell them where to send (snail-mail) gifts. Make sure you are search engine optimized
- 8. Align your channels
- 9. care.org
- 10. Matchback
- 11. Donors are consolidating their giving Trend #2
- 12. I give larger gifts to fewer organizations.
- 13. Source: Target Analytics donorCentrics Index of Direct Marketing Fundraising More revenue from fewer donors
- 14. Make their short list!
- 15. Let them in on the action (Fundraising offers)
- 16. smiletrain.org
- 17. tree-nation.org
- 18. projecthope.org
- 19. Thank them Personally Quickly Specifically Emotionally
- 20. Report back It worked!
- 21. Keep asking
- 22. The majority of donors are Boomers Trend #3
- 23. We got old. Now we do old people things. Like donate.
- 24. 2015: 31% Silents 69% Boomers 2019: 21% Silents 79% Boomers 2033: 48% Boomers 52% GenX 2040: 26% Boomers 50% GenX 24% GenY US population, age 55-85, by generation
- 25. Significance over duty How Boomers are different Choice and control
- 26. Show them the difference they make
- 27. donorschoose.org
- 28. Flawless service
- 29. Put them in control
- 30. kiva.org
- 31. Make them the hero
- 32. Standard fundraising
- 33. Enlightened fundraising
- 34. Email: email@example.com Blog: www.FutureFundraisingNow.com Twitter: @jeffbrooks