Wonca Europe2013. Prague Rural Strategy.Educational Agenda.
Embed Size (px)
Workshop: Developing a Rural Strategy for European Family Medicine/General Practice Workshop Leader: Dr J Wynn-Jones. 20th Wonca World Conference. Prague 25-29 June 2013
Transcript of Wonca Europe2013. Prague Rural Strategy.Educational Agenda.
- 1. Developing a Rural Strategy for European Family Medicine The Educational Agenda Jaume Banqu Vidiella Semfyc Camfic Spain ABS Tortosa Oest Tarragona [email protected]
- 2. There is a big variety in systems for health services There are important differences in Family Medicine // Rural Health development and in educational programs There are multiple GPs associations, medical institutions, foundations, etc.. There are different international administrations > Complexity < We are Europeans but every country is different European Educational Background
- 3. VERTICAL INTEGRATION HORIZONTAL INTEGRATION Students/Doctors/ Nurses/ Physios/ OTs/ Dentists/ Pharmacists etc. Retirement CPD Advanced professional training > Residents < > Undergraduates < School leavers Barossa Valley. October 2010. Dr John Wynn-Jones Education and Training
- 4. Undergraduates Powys Welsh Rural Campus South Shropshire Rural Campus Barossa Valley. October 2010. Dr John Wynn-Jones
- 5. The Rural Campus Experience in Wales An innovative approach designed to empower and improve local health services through working with neighbouring medical schools Developing a learning environment in a rural community for students and practitioners An innovative flexible learning experience for students and health care professionals using effective and relevant approaches for lifelong learning in rural areas Barossa Valley. October 2010. Dr John Wynn-Jones
- 6. Postgraduates Vasco Da Gamma Movement Research Conclusions Poor rural background from medical schools Rural training in 46,67% of residents Big differences within compulsory (or not) rural programmes but the same needs in every country Rural Wonca Conference. Crete. June 2009
- 7. What essential rural competences to learn and practice ? (32 Participants from 23 countries. Only 5 countries have compulsory rural training program for residents) Emergencies, communicational skills, managing elderly people, paediatrics,... Flexibility, knowing the place you work, leadership,.. Networking, multidisciplinary point of view,... Rural Training Program for Residents Suggestions from the Wonca Europe Conference Workshops in 2010 and 2011
- 8. Creating an Euripas Educational Manifesto (Underlying Under and Postgraduate recommendations) Evaluating and describing GP // Rural Training in Europe. Clarifying the importance of the International Advisory Board Working in collaboration with National Medical Associations Connecting with different Rural initiatives in Europe Educational Suggestions to discuss
- 9. The European Rural & Isolated Practitioners Association To ensure that all the rural and isolated populations in Europe have access to high quality health care irrespective of location, culture or resource