Viva La Evolution! (Final)
Embed Size (px)
Highly interactive Financial Services Marketing workshop run as part of the Chartered Institute of Marketing\'s Northern Conference in Manchester on May 22nd 2012. The session challenged marketers to evolve the way they think about gathering and applying knowledge of their customer, market and self. Explores linkages between trust and customer service.
Transcript of Viva La Evolution! (Final)
- 1. Viva La Evolution!Harnessing the opportunities for FS Marketers Steve Revill, Partner, Positive Momentum Ltd
- 2. Power of Marketing = Knowledge + Evolution Know Know Know your your yourselfcustomer market
- 3. How do they make Why do you trust you feel? them? Which brand do you trust? What is their What would makecustomer service you stop trusting like? them?
- 4. Image credit: Mark Evans, via blog.thefurnituremarket.co.uk
- 5. Know your customer: key takeaways Constantly look for Use the voice of new ways to the customer to deepen trust with amplify your your customers message For every project, ask what is the impact on customer trust
- 6. Power of Marketing = Knowledge + Evolution Know Know Know your your yourselfcustomer market
- 7. Image credit: Wikipedia/lazunov.deviantart.com
- 8. Top marks for service
- 9. Service + Trust = Competitive Threat Hi Threat of new entrant?CustomerService Lo Lo Trust Hi
- 10. Market response planningBrand How easy Impact Response? (H/M/L) (H/M/L)AmazonM&SFirst DirectJohn LewisVirgin (Holidays)Saga (Holidays)Boots ? ? ?
- 11. Know your market: key takeaways Keep your market Look for radar on and competitive pointing the right threats in unusual way places Regularly review and update market response plans
- 12. Power of Marketing = Knowledge + Evolution Know Know Know your your yourselfcustomer market
- 13. Image credit: Wikipedia
- 14. Why does your team exist? What is your fundamentalcommercial purpose TODAY?Generate Market Execute Increase sales? leads? research? campaigns? Contribute to Custodian of business the brand? strategy?
- 15. Why does your team exist? What is your fundamentalcommercial purpose in 6-12 months? ? ? ?
- 16. Know your self: key takeaways Frequently revisit Know what you are your teams good at TODAY, and commercial purpose- constantly leverage how are you doing? Stay true to your personal and brand values
- 17. Power of Marketing = Knowledge + Evolution Know Know Know your your yourselfcustomer market
- 18. Know your Know your Knowcustomer market yourself Constantly look for Keep your market Know what you are new ways to deepen radar on and good at TODAY, and trust with your pointing the right constantly leverage customers way Frequently revisit Use the voice of the Look for competitive your teams customer to amplify threats in unusual commercial purpose- your message places how are you doing? For every project, Regularly review and Stay true to your ask what is the update market personal and brand impact on customer response plans values trust
- 19. It is not the strongest ofthe species that survives,nor the most intelligentthat survives. It is the onethat is the mostadaptable to change.Charles Darwin
- 20. Thank you and enjoy the rest of the day! [email protected] @steve_revill www.linkedin.com/in/steverevill