Talent review 101
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Talent review 101
- Talent Review 101
- why do we do talent review? Analysis of talent to provide accurate and smart decisions, solutions and suggestions to improve our talent on a large scale. Talent Review uses: Talent Review Tool which is based on the Personal Appraisal Form and Competency Assessment Tool.
- how does it work? Talent Review uses: Talent Review Tool which is based on the Personal Appraisal Form and Competency Assessment Tool. Process of Talent Review Collection of PA Collection of CAT/ 360 Talent Review Talent Review Report PA Introduction Analysis Restructure LnD Recruitment
- The performance appraisal process
- 1 2 Has there been an expectation setting meeting? 1. Clarification of JD 2. Agree on professional/personal goal achievement (MOS) 3. Expectation Setting 4. Learning and Development Needs 5. Further Support Required Preparation for PA: 1. Set date for PA (give 1 weeks notice) 2. Give appraised copy of PA form, ask him/her to fill it according to their perspective, bring support materials if necessary 3. Give VP copy of PA form, reflect on performance of appraisee, fill according to his/her perspective Talent Review
- 3 4 PA: 1. Make appraised comfortable, explain agenda of chat etc. 2. Share forms with each other, explain each point in detail 3. Listen to challenges and empathize 4. Adjust target and achieved according to issues detailed 5. Ensure appraised understands the performance gap Feedback: 1. Discuss how to close the gap, what is holding him/her back? Assess using competencies - is it knowledge, skill, attitude? What support can the VP/MB give? 2. Discuss how to improve as an individual. What extra challenges does he/her need? 3. Create action steps/ development areas and deadlines 5 Follow Up: 1. Check to see if member has followed up on actions steps recommended 2. Fulfill promises 3. MB/VPs should follow this up in their weekly/monthly coaching chats Talent Review
- 1 2 3 4 5
- what about step six?
- lets talk about talent review compilation
- 6 Talent Review Talent Review: ! 1. Fill the Talent Review Tool Insert the PA scores and CAT scores into the Talent Review tool, please ensure the Name, Function, JD is also included. ! 2. Fill in the Report Template Fill the template and add your recommendations and correlations based on the data analysis ! !
- Fill these columns based on the result of your JD tracking (PA), and based on your development tracking (assessment tool) These columns are automatic. How to use: tool
- Check the report template (it should include): Percentage of Entity in each cluster Rankings of the functions in term of talent review Recommendations for Talent Review Follow Up. Functional Analysis how to use: report
- what about step seven?
- 7 Talent Review follow up 3. Assess your current talent capacity through the talent review What is the knowledge, skill and attitude inventory of your current staff - assess by function, level etc. ! 4. Forecast HR requirements looking at the HR needs of your LC plan. What is the knowledge, skill and attitude inventory needed to achieve your strategic organisation's goals? How many people will you need to achieve your LC goals? ! 5. Develop HR strategies to support organisational strategies a) Restructure b) Learning and Development c) Recruitment d) Collaborations Talent Review Follow Up:
- additions to note.
- Talent Review Education for TLP/ TMP PA Timeline Personal Appraisal Talent Review JD Analysis Restructure LnD Recruitment 1 Talent Review input into EB direction/ strategy - how do the findings of talent review impact on your quarterly strategy 2 How is this data completed with Exchange tracking?
- Talent Review
- minimum requirements of talent review
- Talent Review follow up Talent Review is due 14 days after the quarter is finished eg. January 14, April 14, July 14, October 14 ! Talent Review requires 100% submission of individual PA and CAT/360 with 100% validity. ! The documents you need to submit are: ! Individual PA and CAT/360 Talent Review Compilation Talent Review Report Talent Review Follow Up:
- thank you.