South Korea and Japan
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of South Korea and Japan
- South Korea & Japan
2. Introduction For South Korea
- Koreas name means The Land of Morning Calm . Korea lives up to their names meaning . It is such a beautiful place and have an interesting history. Korea is a role model country for other countries. Their art shows the artists personalities and beliefs. Their government is a republican type too. Which means the people have a part in the government.
- South Korea and North Korea were divided at the 38 thparallel because of the Korean War. North Korea was named The Democratic PeoplesRepublic of Korea and South Korea is called The Republic of Korea.
4. Government (South Korea)
- The Korean Government is divided into three branches: the Judicial, the Executive and the Legislative.Below them are many other smaller branches.
Korean Government Executive Legislative Judicial 5. Judicial branch (Korea) Judicial Supreme Court Local Court High Court Family Court District Court Patent Court Administrative Court 6. Executive branch (Korea) Executive President Prime Minister State CouncilMinistersPrime Minister Solely responsible forimportant government polices. first minister 15-30 people 7. Legislative branch (Korea) Must be25 years old or older Selected by majority votes Makes law Legislativebranch 299 members The Assembly 4 year terms 8. Arts (Korea)
- Korean painters showed accumulated skills from the Three Kingdoms
- Most paintings have been lost cause they were drawn on papers.
- During the Three Kingdoms era, Goguryeo ,Baekje and Silladeveloped different fine arts influenced by their own unique land features, political and societal conditions
- Mural paintings from Goguryeo tombs, mostly found around Jiban and Pyongyang, illustrate the art of this kingdom.
- The art of Baekje is best characterized by soft surfaces and warm smiles as seen in the Buddhist triad carved in a rock in mountains.
9. Introduction for Japan
- Japans name is the meaning Rising of the Sun. Japans history is very intriguing as well. Japans government is a constitutional monarchy. That means theyre a free country with a prime minister, not presidents. Their art is very charming and it shows personality too.
10. Geography (Japan)
- Japan is a island country. It sort oflooks like a letter J. The capital is Tokyo, right where the pin is. Japan also have a lot of natural disasters. Such as Tsunamis, Volcanic eruptions andthe earthquakes.
11. Government (Japan)
- As you can see, Japan have same branches in government as S. Korea.
GovernmentSystem Legislative Executive Judicial 12. Executive branch (Japan) 75-100 people Have Gov. Power (Leader of the Country) NO Government Power Executive branch House of Rep. Prime minister Emperor 13. Judicial branch (Japan)
- As you can see, Japan have one less kind of court than South Korea.
Judicial branch District court High Court Supreme court Judicial branch Local Court Patent court Family court 14. Arts (Japan)
- There are many kinds of Japanese art.
- Most of them came from othercountries : India, Korea, and China.
- Techniques from other countries are mixed with techniques from Japan.
- The Japanese art is most about nature.
- Japanese also made art by carving wood, jade, and bronze.
- www.cia.gov /library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ja/html
- Unknown. Ask About Asia KOREA. Broomall: Library of congress,1999
- Park, Jeannie. Hello from Korea. Seoul: Korean Information Service,1997