Embed Size (px)
Transcript of MALARIA &TYPHOID
- 1. PROJECT
- 2. GROUP - 1 PRESENTS
- 3. . AKASH RAJ .AMAL RAJ.K .DON JOSEPH .JOSE CLEMENT .RENJITH M.C .SABIN MON FRANCIS AIR POLLUTION SUBMITTED BY
- 4. POLLUTION
- Pollution is an undesirable change in physical,chemical or biological characterstics of air,land or water that harmfully affected the life or create potential health hazard of living organism.
- Any substance causes pollution is called pollutant.
- 5. DIFFERENT TYPES OF POLLUTION
- Air pollution
- Water pollution
- Soil pollution
- Noise pollution
- Radioactive pollution
- 6. AIR POLLUTION
- 7. Air pollution is the degradation of air quality and natural atmospheric conditions .
- 8. RESULTS OF AIR POLLUTION
- Air pollutants cause injury to all living organisms.
- They reduce growth and yield of crops.
- It cause premature death of plants
- Affects respiratory system of human and of animals.
- 9. PRIMARY AIR POLLUTANTS
- Particulate matter
- Carbon monoxide (CO)
- Volatile Organic Carbon (VOC) or Hydrocarbon (HC)
- Sulphur dioxide(SO2)
- Nitrogen oxide (NO2)
- 10. 1.Particulate matter It comprises of solid particles or liquid droplets small enough to remain suspended in air. Eg : smokes,dust,pesticides,pollen, fungal spores ,fibres,some metal like copper, iron etc. EFFECTS -Injurious to health -asthma,tuberculosis,bronchitis etc .
- 11. 2.Carbon monoxide (CO)
- This poisonous gas is formed from partial combustion of fuels, steel industry, oil refiners,cigarettesmoke etc.
- CO is very harmful to living organism especially to animals.
- It inhibits cellular respiration in plants.
- 16. 3.Carbondixide (CO2)
- Due to the combustion of fuels, respiration process of plants and animals etc.
- The main reason for increasing global warming is due to the present of high amount of CO2.
- 17. 4. Volatile Organic Carbon (VOC) or Hydrocarbon (HC)
- These are compounds of hydrogen and carbon.
- Hydrocarbons are formed naturally during decomposition of organic matter and certain types of trees such as pine trees.
- The chief source are the motor vehicle,burning of fuels,decay of garbage etc.
- 23. 5. Sulphur dioxide (SO2)
- SO2 is released from the combustion of sulphur containing coal, petroleum refining, automobiles, ore smelters etc.
- High amount of sulphur dioxide destroys the vegetation.
- It disappearance of chlorophyll and break down of cells.
- 25. 6.Nitrogen oxide (NO2)
- It form during combustion of fossil fuels as high temperatures in automobile engines.
- It also released from power plants.
- It may cause heart or lung problems and may be carcinogenic.
- 28. 7. Fluorides
- Hydrogen fluoride gas is an extremely phytotoxic gas released by the heating of fluoride rocks, soils etc.
- 29. 8. Lead
- Lead is emitted by automobile exhaust and it causes long-term environmental pollution.
- Continuous inhaling of air borne lead pollution caused lead poisoning.
- It reduces the oxygen carrying capacity of haemoglobin in the blood.
- 30. SECONDARY POLLUTANTS
- Photochemical smog
- Acid rain
- 31. 1.Photochemical smog
- It is formed in traffic congested metropolitan cities where warm conditions and intense solar radiations are present.
- It caused by combination of smoke and fog.
- It cause series of health hazards.
- Damage plant as well as animal life .
- 32. 2.Acid rain
- As a result of burning of fossil fuels, and petroleum, large quantities of sulphur oxide and nitrogen oxides reach the atmosphere
- These gases oxidise into sulphuric acid and nitric acid.
- It deposits on the surface of earth either through rain.
- It changes the pH of the soil
- 40. Dont kill me