How to Shop a Farmer's Market
of 8 /8
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of How to Shop a Farmer's Market
- 2014 Marissas Well-being and Health Marissa Vicario, Founder and Wellness Expert Marissas Well-being and Health www.mwahonline.com www.whereineedtobe.com
- How to Shop a Farmers Market Farmers Markets are one of the best ways to buy seasonal, local produce and they foster a sense of community thats often missing at the supermarket. But, they can sometimes be crowded and confusing. Here are a few tips for a smooth and stress-free visit to your local farmers market.
- How to Shop a Farmers Market 1. Bring Cash and Your Own Bags Not all vendors take credit cards so go prepared with cash. Likewise, not all vendors offer bags, plus its better for the environment. The sturdier, the better.
- How to Shop a Farmers Market 2. Go Early For the best selection and thinner crowds, go on the earlier side. The busier markets tend to get crowded which can impact your experience.
- How to Shop a Farmers Market 3. Start With A Walk Through Get the lay of the land by strolling through the market first, especially if its new to you. Size up whats available, fresh and in season.
- How to Shop a Farmers Market 4. Be Social Speak to the farmers and ask them about what looks good this time of year and ask about their growing practices. You can also get great tips for how to prepare produce that is new to you.
- How to Shop a Farmers Market 5. Buy Bulk Some of the best deals are found when you buy in bulk. One advantage of going on the later side is that you can score overripe or unsellable fruit and veggies (great for juicing) at a discount.
- Connect with Me! Facebook Linkedin YouTube Pinterest Twitter: @MarissaVicario Email: [email protected] Read the full blog post here:http://bit.ly/1qKdhck