Hosting Effective Performance Conversations
Embed Size (px)
The Performance Management for LCPs Webinar PPT
Transcript of Hosting Effective Performance Conversations
- DISCLAIMER Hosting eective performance conversations is more an art than a technique or a technology. One of the linguistic tools to use as you develop your own practice!
- We are used to thinking that language describes how things are.
- We have always used language to get things done and achieve results!
- promise? What is a
- The action of MAKING THE REQUEST (if it is effective), generates the desired response and future action from others.
- REQUEST + ACCEPTANCE = PROMISE
- The issues of MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING and SHARED MEANING are central to making effective requests.
- NEGOTIATION EXECUTIONACCEPTANCE PREPARATION Diagnostic Context Creation REQUEST
- NEGOTIATION EXECUTIONACCEPTANCE PREPARATION Goal Setting Conditions of Satisfaction Concerns of both sides AGREE
- NEGOTIATION EXECUTIONACCEPTANCE PREPARATION DECLARATION OF FULFILMENT Performance Co-active Conversations
- NEGOTIATION EXECUTIONACCEPTANCE PREPARATION DECLARATION OF SATISFACTION Assessment Declaration of Completion
- 1. Apologize 2.Compensation 3.Openness to new request 4.Re-start the cycle BREAKDOWNS
- 1. Not making requests 2. Living with unexpressed expectations 3. Making unclear requests 4. Not observing the mood of requesting 5. Promising even when you arent clear what was requested 6. Not declining requests 7. Breaking promises without taking care: undermining trust 7 REQUESTS VIRUSES!
- YOU? How are you going to improve the way you host performance conversations? What, from what we have explored today, has trigger deep thoughts on you?