HEALTHY AND UNHEALTHY HABITS
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of HEALTHY AND UNHEALTHY HABITS
- 1. Healthy & Unhealthy habits in your life Physical Education
- 2. INTRODUCTION Nowadays, a lot of people live without doing any kind of physical exercise, this can be dangerous for our health and so we need to practice some physical activity. A sedentary lifestyle implies the absence of this physical activity: 1. Atrophy of the body functions. 2. A worse physical state. 3. Youll suffer from more illnesses 4. Youll put on weight.
- 3. HEALTHY HABTIS 1. Physical Activity 2. Rest 3. A corret diet 4. Body Hygiene
- 4. HEALTHY HABITS Physical Activity WHICH BENEFITS DO WE OBTAIN WHEN WE PRACTISE A PHYSICAL ACTIVITY REGULARLY? 1. A better working of the heart and the circulatory system. 2. It improves the respiratory capacity. 3. It improves our muscles, bones and joints. 4. It improves the activity of the nervous system. 5. It improves the PHYSICAL CONDITION. 6. It helps you to make friends.
- 5. HEALTHY HABITS Rest Its necessary to keep enough time to sleep. Otherwise: 1. Your quality of life will get worse. 2. Your productivity will be reduced. 3. Youll suffer from more physical and psychological damage. 4. You wont pay attention to what happens around you. Sleep for as long as necessary (7 hours) Dont take either long siestas or very close to the time of sleeping. (these siestas must be for 15 or 20 minutes) Physical activity, if you get tired, it will be easier to sleep. Think about positive things, leave aside the negative thoughts. Sleep in the darkness. Choose a fixed time to get up every day.
- 6. HEALTHY HABITS Corret diet START YOUR DAY WITH A GOOD BREAKFAST, you need energy to study, do exercise, enjoy. The nutrients we get from food are: 1. Carbohydrates. They provide mainly energy and they are very important for students and athletes. They are found in cereals, bread, sugar, vegetables and fruit. The proportion of carbohydrates in the diet is 60%. 2. Proteins. They are found in milk, fish, meat, eggseither the abuse or the lack of them are harmful. The proportion is 15 %. 3. Fats. They provide energy. Its better to eat uncooked fats and to avoid fats form animal origins and fried products. Olive oil and blue fish are very healthy. The proportion of fats in the diet must be 25-30%. Its advisable not to take too many fats because theyre fattening. 4. Vitamins and minerals. Some vitamins are only present in some vegetables and fruit, so, its important to eat them. 5. Water is essential for life. You must drink a great quantity of water after a physical activity. During a long physical exercise you must drink as well but every now and then.
- 7. HEALTHY HABITS Body Hygiene Go to the doctor and make sure you dont have physical problems. Wear the right clothes for the activity. Wear sports clothes Avoid useless accessories (rings, watches, dangerous earrings) Wear trainers. Tie them up correctly. Wait for 2 hours after eating before starting any kind of physical activity. Do a good warm up. FAIR PLAY. Get washed after the exercise, clean your sweat. Drink enough water and if possible, eat some fruit (not sweets or snacks).
- 8. TOBACCO DRUGS ALCOHOL OBESITY
- 9. Tobacco causes in Spain about 40000 deaths every year. It brings about plenty of illnesses such as lung or mouth cancer, cough or heart attacks. Besides, tobacco damages not only to smokers but also to people who breathe in the smoke. Remember: Law protects non smokers. Its forbidden to smoke in schools, hospitals or in any kind of enclosed public places.
- 10. Alcohol is the most consumed toxic substance in our society. It limits our body functions, above all brain functions. It damages our nervous system and makes us slower. It causes loss of memory, heart illnesses
- 11. The cannabis. Its by- products are the hashish and the marijuana. When smoking it, its absorbed by the lungs and go fast to the brain. Problems you may have: 1. Problems in the capacity of concentration and with your memory. 2. It reduces the coordination. 3. Change the sexual maturing hormones.
- 12. Obesity or overweight are defined as a great accumulation of fats that can be damaging for your health. According to WHO (World Health Organization) in 2005 there were 1600 million adults with overweight and at least 400 million with obesity. The WHO estimates that, by 2015 there will be 2300 million adults with overweight and more than 700 with obesity. Causes of obesity The main cause is a nutritional disorder between what you eat and what you burn up. Factors: A worldwide change in the diet eating food with a great quantity of calories (fats and sugars) but few vitamins and minerals. We tend to reduce our physical activity due to sedentary nature of many jobs or to several changes in transport. 1. Obesity and overweight have serious consequences for your health: 2. Cardiovascular illnesses. 3. Diabetes. 4. Osteoarthritis 5. Cancer.