GOOGLE GLASS: See the FUTURE
Embed Size (px)
Google Glass : The EYE for the FUTURE.
Transcript of GOOGLE GLASS: See the FUTURE
- SEMINAR ON GOOGLE GLASS
- What is Google Glass ??? Google Glass (stylized simply as GLASS) is an augmented reality wearable computer with a head-mounted display (HMD) that is being developed by Google in the Project Glass research and development project. It takes a step further toward ubiquitous computing, which is the idea that the Internet and computers will be accessible anywhere at any time without having to use one's hands. Google Glass displays information in a smartphone-like format hands-free,can interact with the Internet via natural language voice commands,and uses Google's Android operating system. While the frames do not currently have lenses fitted to them, Google is considering partnering with sunglass retailers such as RayBan or Warby Parker, and may also open retail stores to allow customers to try on the device.
- ARE YOU READY FOR IT ???
- The THING Of 2013 and Beyond
- The TEAM behind the MAGIC Glass is being developed by Google X Lab, which has worked on other futuristic technologies. The project was announced on Google+ by Project Glass lead Babak Parviz, an electrical engineer who has also worked on putting displays into contact lenses. Steve Lee, a project manager and "geolocation specialist" and Sebastian Thrun, who developed Udacity as well as worked on the self-driving car project. Google has patented the design of Project Glass. Thad Starner is a Technical/Lead Manager on the project. Isabelle Olsson, Industrial Designer of the product, is responsible for a number of the design decisions, such as the Glass color scheme.
- The GODFATHER behind the Creation
- The COOLEST Development Process The first Glass demo resembles a pair of normal eyeglasses where the lens is replaced by a head-up display. A Glass prototype weighed 8 pounds; the device is now lighter than the average pair of sunglasses. In the future, new designs may allow integration of the display into people's normal eyewear. Though head-worn displays for augmented reality are not a new idea, the project has drawn media attention primarily due to its backing by Google, as well as the prototype design, which is smaller and slimmer than previous designs for head-mounted displays.
- After DEVELOPMENT what we GOT ?
- The INSPIRATION behind the CONCEPT According to string-theory advocates, our universe has at least 10 dimensions. But we humans can only directly perceive three spatial dimensions. We experience the passage of time, a fourth dimension. Beyond that, we only know other dimensions are even possible through theoretical mathematics. Our Universe may hold secrets that we will never be able to observe directly.
- So how Physics & Math connects with Computer Science in this Concept ? Even if you discount string theory and the idea of dimensions beyond our perception, our world contains a wealth of information that most of us aren't aware of in our daily lives. When visiting a city for the first time, we may only have our senses to rely upon when gathering information. A smartphone or computer can help out, pulling in more data about the city's geography, history, economics, cuisine, culture and other features.
- The Working of the GLASS !!!
- The Magic of Augmented Reality It is a software that overlays a level of digital information on top of the physical world around us - have brought us more data. With an augmented-reality app on your smartphone, you might be able to hold your phone's camera up to capture the image of a city street. Looking at the screen, you can see information about your surroundings. The augmented reality app maps digital information to your real-world surroundings.
- The Application of AR in GLASS !!!
- The RESULT of Augmented Reality
- The UNIQUE Features of Google Glass Photography and video Google Glass has the ability to take photos and record 720p HD video. While video is recording, a recording light is displayed above the eye, which is unnoticeable to the wearer. Google applications Glass will utilize many already-existing Google applications, such as Google Now and Google Maps. The device will also be able to display the weather. Voice commands Multiple features of Glass can be seen in a product video released in February 2013.
- The Voice COMMAND:- OK Glass
- Ok, Glass, Take a Picture
- Ok, Glass, Record a Video
- Ok, Glass say [text] in [language]."
- Ok, Glass, when does flight [flight number] departure from [airport]?"
- Ok, Glass, give directions to [place]."
- Ok, Glass, how is the weather in [location]?" Ok, Glass, do I need an umbrella today?"
- Syncing Glass with your ANDROID phone
- The GEEKY Reception of the GLASS In general, reception for Google Glass has been positive in the technology industry. There have been parodies and criticisms aimed at the general notion of augmented reality glasses, ranging from the potential for Google to insert advertising (its main source of revenue) to more dystopian outcomes. The eyewear's functionality and minimalist appearance (aluminium strip with 2 nose pads) has been compared to Steve Mann's EyeTap also known as "Glass" or "Digital Eye Glass", although Google Glass is a "Generation-1 Glass" compared to EyeTap, which is a "Generation-4 Glass.
- The Show Stopper at New York Fashion Week 2012
- The EXPLORER Program of the Glass An early adopter program named the Glass Explorer program is available for developers and consumers to test Google Glass, and it will also gauge how people will want to use Glass. Entry into the Glass Explorer program was made available to the general public on February 20, 2013, and ended on February 27, 2013. The program stated that it was looking for "bold, creative individuals" who wanted to test the device. Those who wanted to apply were required to post a message on Google+ or Twitter consisting of 50 words or less, featuring the hashtag #ifihadglass. The Explorer edition receives data through Wi-Fi, or it can tether via Bluetooth to an Android device or iPhone and use its 3G or 4G data; the Glass also has a GPS chip.
- The COLORFUL variety !!!
- The $1500 Futuristic Fashion Accessory
- CONCLUSION In November 2012, Glass received recognition by Time Magazine as one of the "Best Inventions of the Year 2012. Google's answer to all handheld device problem comes in the form of a wearable device. It looks like a pair of sunglasses with one side of the frames thicker than the other. It's called Project Glass, and it might turn your world into endless amounts of information.
- THANK YOU !!!
- ANY QUESTIONS ???