Fundamentals of Big Data in 2 minutes!!
Embed Size (px)
In today’s world where information is increasing every second, BIG DATA takes up a major role in transforming any business. Learn the fundamentals of big data in just 2 minutes!
Transcript of Fundamentals of Big Data in 2 minutes!!
- Fundamental of Big Data in 2 minutes!! Introduction Fundamentals of Big Data in 2 minutes!!
- In todays world where information is increasing every second, BIG DATA takes up a major role in transforming any business
- We all know what BIG DATA isbut lets reiterate
- In simple English
- Big data can be described as a really large data base, with both structured and unstructured data collected through various channels, which is difficult to process.
- It also refers to the tools and processes that an organization uses to handle the large amounts of data and storage facilities
- The 4 Vs of Big Data
- Know your Big Data! Image courtesy: pauldunay.com
- Big Data alone cannot make any difference to your business. It is the basic element for success. But a lot depends on what you extract from the data and what decisions you make!
- Reduced Risk Cost reduction Greater operational efficiencies More data Accurate analyses Better decision making
- Why Big Data?
- According to analyst firm Gartner, Big Data is at the portion of the hype cycle called the peak of inflated expectations.
- All major companies are turning towards big data to make strategies, to understand their customers better, and to increase their revenue and reduce costs.
- A recent study found that companies with huge investments in Big Data are generating excess returns and gaining competitive advantages, putting companies without significant investments in Big Data at risk. The reason: Theres a big learning curve with Big Data. Sources: http://bit.ly/189iC5F
- By 2015, 4.4 Million IT jobs will be created globally to support big data, with 1.9 Million in the United States Sources: McKinsey Global Institute, Twitter, Cisco, Gartner, EMC, SAS, IBM, MEPTEC,
- Social Media and Big Data Imagecourtesy:www.sas.com
- We all know that social media generates huge amounts of data; the explosive growth of social media is one of the reasons that 90% of all the data in the world has been generated in the last two years alone. Sources: http://bit.ly/15HQ9Ty , http://bit.ly/10mC3kv
- 30 Billion pieces of content are shared on Facebook every month Sources: McKinsey Global Institute, Twitter, Cisco, Gartner, EMC, SAS, IBM, MEPTEC, QAS
- 4 Billion+ hours of video are watched on YouTube every month Sources: McKinsey Global Institute, Twitter, Cisco, Gartner, EMC, SAS, IBM, MEPTEC,
- 400 Million tweets are sent per day by about 200 million monthly active users Sources: McKinsey Global Institute, Twitter, Cisco, Gartner, EMC, SAS, IBM, MEPTEC,
- In a couple of years, digital and social media have drastically evolved business, economy, social life and culture as a whole.
- Market researchers have widely adopted social media as an effective and affordable tool for gaining insights into target groups, customer needs, brand impact and other important market research. Sources http://bit.ly/17njC2c
- SOCIAL MEDIA MORE INSIGHTS FASTER INSIGHTS INDIVIDUAL INSIGHTS DIVERSE INSIGHTS Why data from Social Media?
- Simplify360 and Big Data
- Simplify360 Leader in Social Business Intelligence Comprehensive Coverage of User Generated Sites / Data Social Networks 500mn+ blogs / micro- blogs 50,000+ forums / news sites Customized sites / enterprise data Analysis across 28 languages Monitor Billions of messages in real time custom sites
- Simplify360 Fastest Growing Brand Most admired brand for Social Media Research on slideshare Top 10 Product Technology Company by TechSparks 2010 Listed amongst TOP 10 SMM tools by PR2020 and SocialMedia8 Ranked 12 amongst 100 SMM tools by AboutAnalytics
- Simplify360 Competitive Edge to Clients through Next Generation Analytics
- Simplify360 Big Data System
- Simplify360 Big Data System
- Simplify360 Some interesting facts Collection of 5000 messages per second 5 TB of information every week and growing Analysis in real time; output within 2 minutes Listening in 53 World languages Analysis in 28 languages Text and non-text, structured and non-structured
- Access to millions of social media conversations and internal enterprise data through integration. Simplify360 Product View Usable Social Media Dashboards across different departments of Enterprise.
- Be there!
- THANK YOU CONNECT WITH US