Document Camera Connecting Laptop
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Document Camera Connecting Laptop
Document Camera - Connecting to a Laptop (Lumens DC162 Digital Visualizer)
1. Place document camera on a hard surface fairly close to your computer. The connecting cable is approximately five feet long. Do not block ventilation openings on the base of the document camera. 2. Make sure the package comes with the following items when you unpack. You are responsible for returning these items. 1. DC160 2. Remote 3. Users Manual 4. Power cable 5. VGA Cable 6. DVI Adapter 7. USB Cable
3. Connection Each time you hookup the document camera, connect the document camera in the following manner. 1. [Use the DVI connector] a) Put the DVI connector in the (DVI Out) port on the document camera base.
2. [Document Camera VGA cable] b) Plug one end of the document camera VGA cable into the VGA plug in the laptop computer.
c) Plug the other end of the document camera VGA cable into the DVI adapter which is plugged into the document camera base.
3. [Projector VGA cable] a) Plug one end of the Projector VGA cable into the VGA OUT port in the back of the document camera base.
b) Plug the other end of the Projector VGA cable in the COMPUTER 1 IN port on the projector
This picture shows the cable plugged in correctly.Projector cable from document camera base.
5. [Power cord] a) Plug the Power cord into the AC IN port in the document camera base and into the wall socket.
6. [USB cable] USE THE USB WHEN YOU ARE CONNECTING TO AN INTERACTIVE WHITEBOARD. a) Plug the square end of the USB cable into the USB port in the document camera base.
b) Plug the flat end of the USB cable into a USB port on the laptop. TAKE NOTE OF THE USB PORT YOU USE!
Note: Take note of the USB port you use, because you must use the same port each time for the USB cable! Otherwise, your document camera will not function properly; you will be required to reinstall the software for each port.
The document camera base will look like this when all plugs are in. Document Camera BaseDVI Adapter Power cord
VGA cable from computer Projector VGA cable connects to COMPUTER 1 IN port in back of projector
USB cable connects to computer -square end here
TAKE NOTE OF THE USB PORT YOU USE TO CONNECT TO THE COMPUTER!
To connect to your computer to interact with the document, the following software must be installed.IF THIS IS THE OPTION YOU PREFER, YOU MUST CONTACT THE HELP DESK AND ASK A TECHNICIAN TO INSTALL THE SOFTWARE ON YOUR DESKTOP OR LAPTOP. After installation, you should see this icon on your desktop.