Camtasia Screen Capture Software Version 6 Dominic Bygate D.Bygate@herts.ac.uk.
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Camtasia Screen Capture Software Version 6 Dominic Bygate D.Bygate@herts.ac.uk.
- Slide 1
- Camtasia Screen Capture Software Version 6 Dominic Bygate D.Bygate@herts.ac.uk
- Slide 2
- Aims of Workshop Get a sense of what Camtasia can do Consider the pedagogical perspective Use Camtasia for simple video production Think about how you might use it in your teaching
- Slide 3
- Headset green earphone red - microphone Mute and headphone volume
- Slide 4
- Camtasia Sound Check
- Slide 5
- Camtasia What can it do? Narrated Screen Capture Narrated PowerPoint What can I use it for? Demonstration Tutorial video Lecture
- Slide 6
- Camtasia Examples Callouts in PowerPoint http://tinyurl.com/63brm9x Simple Screen capture http://tinyurl.com/3zfqbf6
- Slide 7
- Help Available From LTI Homepage: http://www.studynet2.herts.ac.uk/intranet/lti.nsf/Homepage?ReadForm Short Video Tutorials available at: http://tinyurl.com/6dtk5rq Camtasia Studio Documentation: http://www.techsmith.com/learn/camtasia/documentation.asp Exporting Real Video from Camtasia: http://tinyurl.com/6evnbst Using the Video Portal: http://www.studynet1.herts.ac.uk/videoportal.nsf/
- Slide 8
- Four Stages of Camtasia Production 1.Record 2.Edit 3.Produce choose format eg MP4,real Player etc 4.Make available online StudyNet, Video Server, Internet What about the pedagogy!
- Slide 9
- What about the pedagogy? Probably not a good idea to migrate current practice to an online version Think about : how do you want students to engage with the material How will active learning take place What formative assessment is pertinent here How long can students concentrate on a zzzzzz
- Slide 10
- SEVEN PRINCIPLES FOR GOOD PRACTICE IN UNDERGRADUATE EDUCATION encourages contact between students and lecturers develops reciprocity and cooperation among students encourages active learning gives prompt feedback emphasises time on task communicates high expectations respects diverse talents and ways of learning (Chickering and Gamson. 1987)
- Slide 11
- Video Editing
- Slide 12
- Timeline Zoom Callout Audio
- Slide 13
- Slide 14
- Workshop tasks Produce a narrated screen capture video to show how to use a resource for example; Use voyager search a journal database Demonstrate how to add column of numbers in Microsoft Excel Produce a narrated PowerPoint presentation Add callouts and zooming Edit your videos
- Slide 15
- Ways to Record PowerPoint From within PowerPoint From within Camtasia Studio
- Slide 16
- Setting Up for Recording Begins recording your PowerPoint Presentation. Records Audio for the PowerPoint slides. Records Camera with the PowerPoint Presentation. Displays the Camera Preview during recording. Click the Recording options icon to set up specific options for recording, including: Records the mouse cursor Video and Audio Format Audio source Camera Setup Hotkeys for Record/Pause and Stop Opens help topic for more information. The Camtasia Studio Recording Toolbar within PowerPoint
- Slide 17
- During Recording 1. Click record to launch the Slideshow. 2. Check the microphone input level. When ready, select the Click to begin recording button or use the hotkeys. 3. Control the PowerPoint presentation normally during the recording. 4. Press Esc to stop recording.
- Slide 18
- After Recording 1. At the end of the recording; choose whether to Stop Recording or Continue Recording. If you choose to Continue Recording, click the Stop Recording button in the PowerPoint recording toolbar. 2. After you save the file, choose whether to: Produce your recording. or Edit your recording before producing it.
- Slide 19
- Cancelling a Recording 1. Press 2. When the Save Camtasia Recording As dialog box appears, click Cancel. 3. When the dialog box appears asking if you are sure you want to delete the current video capture, click Yes.
- Slide 20
- Finally We will arrange installation of camtasa remotely on your desktop We need Your name Your username Your school/dept