Camera vs scanner
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Camera vs scanner
- 1. Camera vs Scanner
- 2. Scanography spelled scannography more commonly referred to as scanner photography, is the process of capturing digitized images of objects for the purpose of creating printable art using a flatbed "photo" scanner
- 3. The idea is to think of the scanner bed as your viewfinder and set up the shot...You can use food, leaves, found objects, etc. or anything else you can think of...
- 4. Flatbed scanner?
- 5. Scanners differ significantly from digital camera in many areas. the optical resolution of a flatbed scanner can exceed 5000 pixels per inch (200 pixels per mm). a letter sized image would be 134 megapixels in size. The depth of field of most scanners is very limited, usually no more than half an inch (12 mm), but the built-in light source provides excellent sharpness, color saturation, and unique shadow effects.
- 6. Scanners convert printed materials such as book pages and photographs into digital information that can be used on a computer. While most scanners require such materials to be thin and flat, flatbed scanners allow the use of three-dimensional objects such as books.
- 7. HOW?
- 8. You put your favorite objects on the plate and arrange them in some way that pleases you. * Just be careful not to scratch the glass in case you are working with some hard edgy object.
- 9. putting a piece of cloth over your object becomes part of the composition, in the role of (hopefully) matching background. A black cloth is pretty safe, it matches just about anything.
- 10. The quality of the illumination you get from a flatbed scanner is very special. Since the object is illuminated by a long strip of light traveling across the glass plate, it is bathed in a soft, diffused light which cant quite be reproduced by other methods. If you want to really get into it, you can play with adding extra light sources that shine on your objects from the side.
- 11. Assignment Come out with experimental piece titled self reflection 6" x 8" at 240dpi ( not lower) Black & white OR color Prepare in JPG file Prepare rationale write up before proceed with the execution