Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Blue tooth
- 1. Computer Presentation: Topic: Bluetooth Technology Presenter: Muhammad Omer Ahmed
2. WHAT IS BLUETOOTH?
- Bluetooth gets equipment talking, letting firms create instant wireless networks and share computing resources.
- It is short range wireless technology that allows electronic devices like mobile phones, PDAs, mice, headsets, PCs, printers and keyboards to communicate securely with each other.
3. Origin of the name Bluetooth
- Bluetooth was named after a Viking who was a Danish King Harald Blatand.
- Blatand was loosely translated into Bluetooth but what could an ancient king name got to do with the wireless transferring technology?
- They may not have connections between each other, but it come from an interesting origin.
- Harald Blatand isreported to have United Demark and Norway, and hence so as the wireless technology uniting people.
- Principle of the Bluetooth is to transformation and voice at the frequency of ISM (Industry Scientific & Medical) band.
- Every Bluetooth technology devices do come with a standard address for you to connect one-to-one or one-to-seven, and transferring range up to 10 meter using low power radio.
5. HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Using radio waves, any Bluetooth-enabled item can automatically connect securely to others within a range of 10m (or 100m using a higher specification).
- The data transfer speed is up to 1Mbps, less than the 10Mbps available for standard Ethernet office networks.
- This means that, while Bluetooth generally isnt fast enough to run an entirely wireless office, its convenience makes it a useful addition to a standard cabled network.
- For example, its perfect for connecting mobile devices, like PDAs or laptops with your network and reducing clutter in meeting and presentation areas.
6. WIRELESS PERSONAL AREA NETWORKING
- Bluetooth is also very useful for mobile working.
- Even if you dont have an internet connection, you can use Bluetooth to connect a laptop, mouse, mobile phone and printer to create your own WPAN a Wireless Personal Area Network.
7. BLUETOOTH NETWORKS
- This diagram illustrates how you can set up a WPAN.
- With the addition of an internet connection and a router, it becomes a Bluetooth wireless LAN.
8. BLUETOOTH NETWORKS 9. USING BLUETOOTH
- The applications of Bluetooth are enormous. It allows you to:
- create instant ad-hoc networks to share files and information
- synchronize data quickly and wirelessly between PDAs, phones, and desktop computers
- connect wirelessly to a printer or scanner
- work flexibly in offices
- e-mail or access the internet anywhere by connecting a laptop and a mobile phone
- use Bluetooth in test or manufacturing to controland monitor equipment.
10. Using Bluetooth 11. Using Bluetooth 12. Some Bluetooth Devices