ARCANE QUIZ - ROUND 4
Transcript of ARCANE QUIZ - ROUND 4
• Rules:– As told by the Quiz Master
1.We have decided to continue with him as he is synonymous with the brand and network of the company. He was more of an emotional attachment and was also important from the creative perspective. The child was not important, though he would be introduced in the second phase" said Harit Nagpal, the business director of the company. Who is he and what is being talked about here?
The Pug in Hutch ads.
This was the answer given when asked whether Vodafone would continue with the Pug Campaign.
2. This company which was established by Jesse Shwayder in 1910 derives its name from the name of the biblical strongman _________ . It is believed that Richard Branson never travels anywhere without one of these. What brand am I talking about?
How do we better know the company ‘backrub’ today??
4.Why was Prometric, the leading global provider of comprehensive testing and assessment services in the news few months ago? I want this “Indian” connection?
• Prometric was awarded an exclusive, $40 million dollar contract by the INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM)to computerize the prestigious Common Admissions Test (CAT).
5. What was Mark Twain referring to when he said “this day on which we are reminded of what we are on the other 364”?
April Fool’s Day
6. In the Gulliver travels what was the reason for the war between Lilliput & Bleblefuscu?
It was a war over the correct method of eating boiled eggs.
7.When Yahoo wanted to register its domain name , it couldn’t register as already a company had registered under that name. So, what did Yahoo do to get its name registered ???
It introduced the ! Mark
8.Sometime during April and May of this year, the telephone number 9702900510 received over 9,50,000 calls .
9.The following excerpts are from the April 26th 1996 edition of the New York Times:
"Bill Gates gets the credit but somebody else did most of the work'. 'For the first time in this decade something from Microsoft has been shipped on time'.'Regardless of the problems with this one calling Microsoft Support won't help'.?'For at least another year it'll suck."
What was the topic of this article?
The Birth of Bill and Melinda Gates' daughter!
10.What procedure was inspired by Feritz Langs 1929 film FRAU IM MOND(THE WOMAN IN THE MOON)?
• The countdown 987654.......
• 11. Identify and put funda:
• This was introduced by the Government of India to avoid CELL PHONE driving as VODAFONE PUG CANNOT FOLLOW WHEREVER YOU GO !!!
12.In 2002, the Hollywood Walk of Fame broke tradition by awarding him a star. His star is displayed on a wall of the Kodak Theater, due to his request that he did not want to be walked on. Who?
• Muhammed Ali
13.What was preserved by Thomas Stolz Harvey until 1978 when it was discovered being stored in a mason jar within a cider box for over 20 years?
• Albert Einstein’s brain
14.In 1982, Time magazine made the PC it's person of the year. What was mad magazine’s response?
• They named "Pacman" from the PC game, as their Person of the year.
15.The Trans-World Airlines flight 800 crashed near New York in 1996, killing 230 people. There was a conspiracy theory going around that the reason for crash was friendly fire and it was being covered up by the US government. Pierre Salinger, a former White House secretary, claimed, stupidly, as it turned out, a few months after the accident that he had proof the conspiracy theory was true. This incident led to the coining of a term "Pierre Salinger sydrome". What does one with this syndrome do ?
• Believe what you read on the internet (which was how Salinger got his proof)
NOW FOR THE AUDIENZ
____ was originally southern and Irish slang for homemade whiskey, or poitín as it is called in Ireland. .In fact, the name _____ is slang for "moonshine."
It was born way back in the hills of Tennessee in the 1940s. The name ____ was first trademarked by two brothers, Barney and Ally Hartman, who ran a bottling plant in Knoxville.
• Identify the product from this famous ad
• MAGGI NOODLES