IBM Tivoli Directory Server 6.0 installation instructions
1. Log in as the local Administrator.
2. Unzip ITDS60_WIN_IA32_ISMP.ZIP from the CD to c:\Software.
3. Launch C:\Software\itdsV60\itds\setup.exe.
4. When prompted for the language, leave English selected and click OK.
5. The Welcome screen will appear. Click Next.
6. The license agreement will appear. Select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
7. Click Next.
8. Leave the default directory (C:\Program Files\IBM\LDAP\v6.0) and click Next.
9. Remove the check mark from embedded version of WebSphere Application Server – Express. Leave all other items checked (as shown in the screenshot below) and click Next.
10. On the next screen, enter wasadmin in all three fields then click Next.
11. A summary screen will appear. Click Next to start the installation.
12. The System will complete the installation (it may take a while) and open the configuration tool shown below. Click Close (we will re-open this after we reboot).
13. Reboot the computer. NOTE: This step is very important. If you do not perform this step, you may have problems during later steps.
14. On reboot, the DB2 first steps window will open up. Click No to on the product updates window and close all other windows.
15. Open the Instance Administration Tool by clicking Start -> Programs -> IBM Tivoli Directory Server 6.0 -> Instance Administration Tool.
16. The following window should have opened. Click on Create to create a new instance.
17. On the Create new directory server instance window, leave the defaults and click Next.
18. Enter wasadmin as the user name. Choose a drive letter where the instance database will be created. Enter aaaaaaaaaaaa (12 a letters) as the Encryption seed string. Enter LDAP Instance as the Instance description and then Click Next.
19. On the Create new directory server instance screen, ensure the wasadmin is selected from the DB2 instance name dropdown and click Next.
20. Click Next on the following screen leaving the defaults.
21. Click Next on the following screen leaving the default ports.
22. Click Next on the following screen leaving the default.
23. On the Configure administrator DN and password screen, enter root in both the Administrator password and Confirm password fields then click Next.
24. Enter wasadmin for both the Database user name and Password. Enter LDAPDB as the Database name. Click Next.
25. Select the drive letter where the database will be created. Click Next.
26. Click Finish.
27. Wait for the system to create the instance. Make sure that you see the following dialog.
28. Click OK then yes. Click Close on the underlying window. Click Close again to exit the instance administration tool.
29. Click Finish to complete the installation.
1. Open Services in the Control Panel. Start the IBM Tivoli Directory Server Instance V6.0 - wasadmin service.
2. After the service starts, open a command prompt window. Enter the command show below:
ldapsearch -h localhost -s base objectclass=*
3. Verify that you see an output like the one below:
4. Now, open the this log file in notepad:
5. Verify that you see the following message near the end of the log.
GLPSRV009I IBM Tivoli Directory (SSL), 6.0 Server started.
NOTE: it is very important that the above message does not say that the server is started in maintenance mode. This indicates the install is not fully functional.
6. This ensures that Tivoli Directory Server was installed properly. Close the command window and notepad. The install is done.