• • Define promotion. What does promotion do?
• Promotion is communication techniques aimed at informing, influencing and persuading customers to buy or use a particular.
• Promotion involves communication about the product or service.
• List two advantages for each
I. Wide coverage.II. Control of message.
• Personal sellingI. Selling on telephone. II. Promotion on a person to person basis.
• Sales promotionI. High customer attention.II. Persuasive impact.
• MerchandisingI. Merchandising materials can stimulate
impulse purchases and higher per capita spending.
II. Provides support for advertising campaigns.
• Public relationsI. Public Relation is often considered a
highly credible form of promotion. II. Public Relation’s key points of power
rests with helping to establish credibility for a product, company, the minds of targeted customer groups by capitalizing on the influence of a third-party -- the media.
• SponsorshipI. Increase sales of their products.II. Free clothing and equipment or
payment for wearing sponsor's clothing and using their equipment.
• Direct MarketingI. Focus limited resources on
targeted promotion.II. Relatively easy to measure
response & success.
• What is branding? Why brand?
• The branding is the adoption of values, image, awareness, recognition, quality, features, benefits and the name for a product.
• Because the brand(company) success, up to the famous and good public praise of it’s brand, so it’s very important to design a unforgettable logo, and the brand people will remember clearly.
• List 5 products that have been branded so well that we interchange the brand with the product.
• Nike (famous sports brand)
• McDonald’s (famous fast food brand)
• BMW (famous car brand)
• Coco Cola (famous drink brand)
• Louis Vuitton (famous luxury brand)
From the 7 types of advertising. Pick 3. Explain them and provide examples (pictures or videos) for each
• 1. Persuasive advertising • To encourage brand switching. Brand new Apple iPod Touch 4g TV Ad!Apple NEW iPad 3 Apple iPhone 4S
• 3. Competitive advertising • To point out differential
advantages.• Cartier winter Tale.
2. Pioneering advertisingTo introduce new product.2012 Mercedes Benz SLS AMG Roadster commercial
• Mission – objects.• Money - to pay to the campaign.• Message- to be delivered.• Media- choice of advertising media.• Measure- measure the impact.
• List & define the 5 Ms of advertising.
List 6 main advertising medias – provide 2 advantages for each
• Two advantage for each:• Print media: The ad can be targeted appearing in what kind of
magazine, that will decide what people see. • Television: The ad show on TV, will be seen by every age group.
The ad’s show frequency is high.• Radio: The ad show on radio aim at drivers, most ad like
insurance will show on radio.• Cinema: Therefore the big screen of cinema, the audience will
remember the ad clearly. • Outdoors: Ad show on bus, sign, it’s the method that most
people can see and it costs cheap than other.• Internet: Easy to see. Easy to transmission.
List 6 main advertising medias – provide 2 disadvantage for each
• Print media: Limited influence. Difficult to distinguish.
• Television: Easy to forget. Very expensive.• Radio: Limited range. Lack of images.• Cinema: Only the people in the cinema can see the
ad. It’s not public place.• Outdoors: Difficult to target the market. An
inappropriate medium of some businesses.• Internet: Not effective as stand-alone strategy• Difficult to gauge impact
• Find two good tv commercials on Youtube. Explain why they are good
2012 It’s Halftime in America – Chrysler
I think this ad is the best one. It’s a two-minute tribute to America, with Clint Eastwood as our gristled cheerleader. It’s a great speech with even better delivery, and the closing lines at the end are inspiring.
2012 – Chevy Silverado
This ad is talking about the “End-of-the-world references mixed with jabs at your competition…” The photography and overall look and feel of the ad is amazing. I love the music and the idea of this advertisement, shows how Chevy Silverado stronger.