You're about to get fired (using the web to get a new job)
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of You're about to get fired (using the web to get a new job)
- 1. Youre about to get red.
- 2. Its not you, its the economy. ye econom th
- 3. It's a recession whenyour neighbor loses his job; it's adepression when you lose yours.-Harry S. Truman
- 4. Better get ready.
- 5. Chris Lunt CEO, Nombray
- 6. Step 1 Sign up for
- 7. to show you are experienced.Link to your old coworkers, to show that you are connected.
- 8. Step 2Sign up for
- 9. to show you are industrious.You can appear busy and thoughtful. Just a couple rules:
- 10. Dont tweet what youre eatingor how you feelMore&psat: h-p://bit.ly/3Y0ZNi
- 11. Step 3Sign up for
- 12. to make yourself discoverable.Centralize your LinkedIn, Twitter and other proles.
- 13. Step 4 Show you are
- 14. If you likeSign up forPhotographyWritingBooks
- 15. Step 5Show you are DISTINCTIVE
- 16. Create a presentation showing your work And post it on
- 17. Step 6 Be Informed. Search for forums used by your profession:
- 18. Step 7 Come recommended.Ask one person from each past job for a recommendation on(Oer one in return)
- 19. This is where reputation comes in. A1er all
- 20. You cant build a reputation on what youre going to do.-Henry Ford
- 21. Step 8Be . Check on your alumni site and for local events. But
- 22. Do the free ones rst.
- 23. Step 9Be consistent. Add your domain to your email signatureLink all your proles togetherUse a good prole picture
- 24. But take it easy with the personal brand stu.You dont want to look smarmy(or unctuous)
- 25. Step 10Be discreet.Nobody wants to see
- 26. Or
- 27. Or
- 28. So limit your Facebook friends to real friends. And treat everyphoto you post as if its public.
- 29. Now youre ready toget your next job. Go get em, tiger.
- 30. One more time: Step 1: join LinkedIn Step 6: join industry forums Step 2: join TwitterStep 7: get recommendations Step 3: join a NombrayStep 8: network Step 4: join a creative siteStep 9: put your message Step 5: put a presentation on everywhere Step 10: be discreet SlideShare
- 31. More details at: http://blog.nombray.com/Chris Lunt email@example.comPhoto credits: Its not you, its the economy http://ickr.com/photos/editor/271510402/ Experienced http://ickr.com/photos/soldiersmediacenter/2987260527/ Industrious http://ickr.com/photos/danzen/799527286/in/set-72157600733303950/How you feel http://ickr.com/photos/restlessglobetrotter/2149696743/ Free ones http://ickr.com/photos/neubie/2273635564/ Be discreet (Klingons) http://ickr.com/photos/plasticbystander/1163752273/ Public Photo http://ickr.com/photos/ingorrr/2086548039/