Welcome to Year 5. Miss Kettle Mrs Mills Mrs Penketh/Miss Dring Mrs Bailey Our Team.
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Welcome to Year 5. Miss Kettle Mrs Mills Mrs Penketh/Miss Dring Mrs Bailey Our Team.
to Year 5
•Miss Kettle•Mrs Mills•Mrs Penketh/Miss Dring•Mrs Bailey
• Focus on comprehension as well as reading strategies
• Guided Reading – once a week, other children doing reading activities
• Individual Readers – twice a week • Books changed – opportunity of up to 3
times a week
• Spelling – weekly with a focus on a spelling pattern, morning work, guided reading
• Tricky words – weekly, guided reading, morning work
• Sent home every Tuesday• To be handed in every Monday• All home learning tasks to be recorded in
books unless stated otherwise• Extension task does not have to be done• Independent work where possible• Children’s responsibility