Welcome to Back to School Night Flower Valley Elementary School.
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Welcome to Back to School Night Flower Valley Elementary School.
- Slide 1
- Welcome to Back to School Night Flower Valley Elementary School
- Slide 2
- Mission and Vision Statements Mission We are a diverse team of students, staff and parents committed to creating a peaceful academic environment. We achieve this by respecting differences and encouraging individuals to be active participants in the learning process. We work together as a community by utilizing research based strategies to foster academic excellence and equitable practices. Vision We inspire children to become critical thinkers who are imaginative, adaptable, and collaborative. We strive to cultivate peaceful, life-long learners who thrive in a global society.
- Slide 3
- FVES Instructional Focus: We will provide effective small group reading instruction by implementing research-based models to ensure student engagement throughout the literacy block.
- Slide 4
- FVES School Overview 470 students in Grades K-5 22-27 students in each class 25 new students enrolled over the summer 3 sections in each grade except Grade 4 where we have 4 sections.
- Slide 5
- Meet our Amazing Staff! Classroom Teachers Other Professional Staff Supporting Services Professionals Cued Speech Transliterators (CSTs) Office Staff Building Services Staff Lunch and Recess Aides Administrators
- Slide 6
- Meet our PTA President! Dr. Amy Shell-Gellasch www.FVESPTA.org
- Slide 7
- Get to know Mrs. Melnick, Principal Over 25 years experience in education as a teacher, school counselor, high school testing coordinator, university professor, and Scholastic consultant This is my third year as principal at FVES Masters Degree in education from Johns Hopkins University and Administrators certificate from Hood College A Mom of two sons, both in college, who previously attended MCPS schools Values relationships, a high quality teaching and learning environment, equitable experiences, and a safe and peaceful school environment. I love your children
- Slide 8
- New This Year at Flower Valley Staff Theme: Champions for Children Chromebooks in Grades 3 and 5 (one per student). Arrive in January 2015. PARCC Testing in Grades 3 and 5 (PARCC stands for Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers). Administered in March and end of year. Buddy Bench on playground (PTA purchased) Computer Lab is back!
- Slide 9
- What is staying the same this school year? School-wide Peace and Friendship Program Peace Tokens Fine Lines Firefly Fine Dining Drop Off Table No dismissal changes after 2:15 p.m. Birthday Policy and Candy Policy Fridays are school spirit dates!
- Slide 10
- Our Flower Valley Peace Pledge We the students of Flower Valley Elementary School promise to respect each other. We will keep our hands feet and things to ourselves. We pledge to work out any problems that may happen with our peers in a peaceful way.
- Slide 11
- How to Help Us Keep Your Children Safe Enter and exit through the front door. Check in at the office each time you visit and provide a photo ID Wear a visitor sticker at all times. Use the traffic circle and follow the Traffic Circle Guidelines. Drop off after 8:30 a.m. Pick up at 3:05 p.m. Notify office by 2:15 p.m. if there are changes to your childs dismissal plans. Make sure the office and your childs teacher have your most up-to-date contact information
- Slide 12
- We Value Communication Seven O'clock Sunday telephone/email every Sunday night All staff will respond to emails and phone calls within 24 hours (Monday-Friday). Monthly PTA newsletters will be sent home. Monthly grade level newsletters will be sent home. Follow me on twitter @FVPrincipal Check out the FVES website for information and photos!
- Slide 13
- Reminders for Tonight Two 35 minute sessions tonight Sign-up for CONFERENCES. Sign up to VOLUNTEER in whatever way you can. JOIN the PTA. Tonight is NOT an individual conference night. Have a GREAT time!