Webinar Resource Guide for Women and Girls
Embed Size (px)
This rich resource guide, developed to complement one of fundsforNGOs monthly training webinars, provides an extensive list of potential donors that channel funds into women and girls issues. It also lists relevant online resources and prospect research listservs that would make prospect donor research a smoother process. Enjoy this guide? Receive the full benefits of a fundsforNGOs training webinar by signing up to one of our upcoming events. Visit http://fundsforngos-webinars.com for more information and to register. fundsforNGOs connects NGOs all over the world to international and local donors that match your programs and area of interest. Our fundsforNGOs Premium service also offers thousands of donor profiles with specific funding information, how-to resource guides to build fundraising capacity, funding deadline calendar featuring major donors, proposal database and more! For more exciting opportunities and information, please visit https://fundsforngospro.com/ to sign up for a premium account.
Transcript of Webinar Resource Guide for Women and Girls
- Webinar Resource Guide: Grant Fundraising for Womens and Girls Issues 12 March 2014
- OECD- DAC Network on Gender Equality (GENDERNET) - International forum where experts from development co-operation agencies meet to define common approaches in support of gender equality. OECD- Query Wizard for International Development Statistics (QWIDS) Grant Fundraising for Womens and Girls Issues This resource guide was created by Philantropia Inc. in support of the FundsforNGOs webinar on 12 March 2014 on Grant Fundraising for Womens and Girls Issues The Donor Landscape for Womens and Girls Government Funding
- AWID- Trends In Bilateral And Multilateral Funding - In this brief, we present some key trends in funding for gender equality and for civil society organizations from bilateral and multilateral agencies, as well as a more detailed look at some of the donors and specific funds that are providing significant support for womens organizing. Foundation Center- Grant Statistics Top 50 U.S. Foundations Awarding Grants for Women and Girls - Detailed list of Top US Foundations giving for women and girls in 2011. Information includes: Foundation name, state, total dollars awarded, and number of grants awarded. UN Women- Fund for Gender Equality - UN Womens Fund for Gender Equality helps change the lives of women all over the world. The Funds goal is to advance womens economic and political empowerment through high-impact, multi-year grants of up to USD 5 million. UN Women- UN Trust Fund to End Violence against Women - The UN Trust Fund in Support of Actions to Eliminate Violence against Women (UN Trust Fund) was established by UN General Assembly resolution 50/166 in 1996 and is managed by UN Women on behalf of the UN system. The only multilateral grant-making mechanism exclusively devoted to supporting local and national efforts to end violence against women and girls, the UN Trust Fund works with partners across the world to secure much-needed services for women and girls affected by violence. European Commission Development and Cooperation, EuropeAid - EuropeAid is a new DirectorateGeneral (DG) responsible for designing EU development policies and delivering aid through programmes and projects across the world. Multilateral Funding United Nations Democracy Fund (UNDEF) - UNDEF was established by the UN Secretary-General in 2005 as a United Nations General Trust Fund to support democratization efforts around the world. UNDEF supports projects that strengthen the voice of civil society, promote human rights, and encourage the participation of all groups in democratic processes. How Much Funding for Women and Girls Foundation Center- National Trends - Funding trends reports provide the latest data available on every aspect of U.S. foundation philanthropy. Reports on Foundation Giving Trends (2011 Edition) and Foundation Growth and Giving Esti- mates, Current Outlook (2012 Edition). Free highlights available for download. Full reports available for purchase. European Foundation Centre- Foundations in the European Union - Resource of the EFC compiling qualitative and quantitative data on foundations impact and practices across the EU. Foundation Funding
- Association for Womens Rights in Development (AWID)- Where is the Money for Womens Rights? - AWID has multiple publications available concerning funding for women and girls organizations. Publications include: First Fundher Report, Financial Sustainability for Womens Movements Worldwide, FundHer Brief: Money Watch for Womens Rights Movements and Organisations, Where is the money for Womens Rights- survey results, Funding to find HIV/AIDS through the promotion of Womens Rights: A case study from South Africa, Money for Womens Rights in the Middle East and North Africa. MaMa Cash- Untapped Potential: European Foundation Funding for Women and Girls - Publication by Mama Cash and The Foundation Center on the role of European foundation support for women and girls. Association for Womens Rights in Development (AWID)- WITMs Compilation of Resource Mobilization Tools - Quality and user friendly information on how to fundraise, write a grant proposal or find donors supporting different sectors and themes, this initiative has reviewed the existing online resources to produce this short document containing what we believe are interesting and good quality manuals, toolkits and guides produced by various organizations on how to mobi- lize and access funding. Global Fund for Women- Fundraising for Change: A Practical Guide for Womens Rights Organizations - Designed especially for first-time fundraisers, the Global Fund for Womens updated handbook presents some key ideas about raising money to fund womens rights work in todays global political and economic context. Siyanda- Funding Sources for Gender-Equality and Women-focused Projects - This resource is divided into five sections: Womens Funds (those dedicated to gender-equality and women-focused rights projects), Foundations, International Development Agencies, Prizes, and on-line Directories. The Womens Fund section provides website links, contact information for the funder along with information on what types of projects are funded, size of grants and applicant criteria. For the other sections, website links are given as well as a brief description of the type of issues that the funder is interested in. The Foundation Center- Accelerating Change for Women and Girls: The Role of Womens Funds - To understand the increased inclusion and role of women within philanthropy, the Foundation Center partnered with the Womens Funding Network to chart the current landscape of philanthropy focused on women and girls and document the specific role played by womens funds. AWID- New Actors, New Money, New Conversations: A Mapping of Recent Ini- tiatives for Women and Girls - The purpose of this report is to contribute to filling a gap, particularly among womens rights organizations, in understanding the current landscape of the corporate sector and other actors that are new to sup- porting women and girls, and the role they are playing in shaping related funding discourse and practice. Finding Funding for Women and Girls Resources
- Centre Franais des Fondations - Free searchable database of 2800 foundations (In French). Profiles and websites of foundations. Online Resources Swiss Foundation Directory - Free searchable directory of over 2,700 foundations. In Germany, French, and Italian. German Foundation Index - Free searchable database of over 7,000 foundations (in German) England and Wales Charity Commission - Free register of over 161,000 charities (including trusts and foundations). In English. United States Foundation Directory Online - Prospect research searchable database of US foundations and grants. Subscription fee. Foundation Center Map of Direct Grants to Non-US Recipients - Free map detailing recent grants from US foundations to non-US organizations. Noza Search - Database of charitable donations. Search for US foundations available with free registration. Prospect Research Listserves FundsforNGOs - Online initiative, working for the sustainability of NGOs by increas- ing their access to donors, resources and skills. Email list serve provides upcoming requests for proposals. Philanthropy News Digest - Daily news service of philanthropy-related articles and features culled from print and electronic media outlets nationwide. Email list serve provides news and upcoming requests for proposals. Philanthropy News Digest - Daily news service of philanthropy-related articles and features culled from print and electronic media outlets nationwide. Email list serve provides news and upcoming requests for proposals. Additional Resources FundsforNGOs, Guide for Small Grants - This resource guide seeks to provide an overview of resources, guides, and sources of funding for organizations working with women and girls. Funds for NGOs, Fundraising Resources for Women and Girls Worldwide - This resource guide seeks to provide an overview of resources, guides, and sources of funding for organizations working with women and girls. Alliance Magazine - Leading magazine for philanthropy and social investment worldwide. Michigan State University Library- International and Foreign Grantmakers - Annotated list of resources of international funders with web links.
- Peace and Collaborative Development Network - Professional networking website for NGO professionals. Refer to forum on NGO Funding Opportunities. Fundraising Planning Guide Raise-Funds.com - Fundraising website by Tony Poderis. Including: Fundraising Plan outlines. Discover great international donors for your cause with FundsforNGOs LLC, 866 United Nations Plaza, Suite 437, New York, NY 10017, USA. https://fundsforngospro.com Enjoy this guide? Receive the full benefits of a fundsforNGOs training webinar by signing up to one of our upcoming events. Visit http://fundsforngos-webinars.com for more information and to register.