Web view2.How often should you shampoo and condition your hair? a.Once a dayc.Often enough to keep...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Web view2.How often should you shampoo and condition your hair? a.Once a dayc.Often enough to keep...
Unit A: Presenting Yourself ProfessionallyUnit A: Presenting Yourself Professionally
Soft Skills ReviewSoft Skills ReviewManage your image.
1. A classic piece of career advice is to dress for: a. the last position you held c. formal settings and circumstancesb. the next position you are seeking d. an easy transition to your private life
2. Why should you dress appropriately for your position, company, and occasion?a. To help develop your online brand c. The way you dress helps you analyze reportsb. Your company requires you to do so d. The way you dress affects your confidence and
others’ impressions of youDress appropriately.
1. In previous generations, dress codes dictated that professionals wear suits, jackets, dresses, long-sleeved shirts, ties, and leather shoes, a style known as:
a. international standard business attire c. business casualb. international business machines d. business formal
2. Norms for professional dress often vary by:a. location c. industryb. department d. all of the above
Meet business casual standards.
1. If your organization defines its dress code as business casual, that means:a. you can wear the same clothes you wear at home c. you should wear clothes less formal than a
traditional suit and tie, yet dressier than jeans and a t-shirt
b. you never need to wear a suit d. you should wear a jacket or blazer, even if it is wrinkled or ripped
2. Which of the following is not a common element of business casual attire?a. Collared shirt c. Comfortable yet dressy shoesb. Athletic t-shirt d. Slacks
Maintain a professional wardrobe.
1. What can you do to keep your clothing pressed and neat?a. Remove clothes from the dryer promptly c. Iron and hang clothesb. Spray on liquid sizing before ironing d. All of the above
2. Which of the following is not a way to maintain a professional wardrobe?a. Wash colored and white clothes together c. Iron and hang clothesb. Hand wash and dry clean clothes as necessary d. Polish your shoes
Practice good grooming and hygiene.
1. The practice of maintaining cleanliness and health is called:a. business casual c. personal hygieneb. your persona d. business hygiene
2. How often should you shampoo and condition your hair?a. Once a day c. Often enough to keep your hair looking and
smelling cleanb. Twice a day d. Rarely so your scalp does not dry out
Interact with others.
1. You can make a good first impression by:a. shaking hands c. remaining seatedb. telling an off-color joke d. answering your cell phone
2. An elevator speech is: a. a speech you rehearse by yourself in an elevator c. an inspirational speech that “lifts you up”b. a short, basic introduction to yourself d. the story of your life
Improve your speech.
1. The degree of clarity and proper pronunciation in your speech is called:a. denotation c. tongue-twistingb. diction d. pitch
2. Why should you aim to have a rich vocabulary? a. To make people look up words in the dictionary c. It allows you to speak fluently and expressivelyb. It is part of a business casual outlook d. It improves your diction
Clean up your online persona.
1. Your online persona is:a. separate from your professional image c. how you are represented on social networking
sites and other online locations b. how you interact with colleagues, clients, d. an electronic version of your dress code
2. Which of the following is not a way to advertise your strengths online?a. Create a personal Web site c. Leave personal photos on your social network siteb. Emphasize strengths on your social network site d. Create a Google profile
Technology @ work: Online profile managers
1. Why should you use tools such as Google Profile to manage your online profile?a. To make sure employers and customers find c. To change your online identity
positive information about youb. To protect against identity theft d. All of the above
2. If you have a Google Profile, what happens when people use the Google search engine to find information about you?
a. Sites with embarrassing information do not appear c. You can schedule a group meetingin the results
b. Your profile appears in the search results d. Visitors can view photos in your private photo album