WBON 2014 Spring Conference Social Media Mastery Workshop
Embed Size (px)
How to choose which social media channel(s) to use for your business and tools to help with time management.
Transcript of WBON 2014 Spring Conference Social Media Mastery Workshop
- 1. Social Media Mastery Staying focused in an ever-connected world www.sproutnewmedia.com
- 2. andwhy are we here? Today well cover: How to choose the best social media channel(s) for your business How to manage your =me and energy eciently How to manage success (ROI) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.sproutnewmedia.com Youll leave with: A beEer understanding of which tools are best for your business Tools to help avoid overwhelm An ac=on plan for when you leave here today
- 3. Why does social media matterreally? Information Resource When you provide ongoing, valuable informa=on, you become a primary resource that your followers look to for informa=on. Relationship Building The KLT Factor: W h e n p e o p l e Know, Like and Trust you, they will buy from you and tell all their friends about you. Content Creation Google loves fresh, updated content. Create valuable c o n t e n t , a n d G o o g l e w i l l eventually reward you with a higher search ranking. 24/7 Selling You cant possibly be out there selling all the =me, but the internet never sleeps. Let it work for you by being your 24/7 sales machine. Email: email@example.com www.sproutnewmedia.com
- 4. YOU Post your messages Engage in conversation Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.sproutnewmedia.com How it works But how do we know what network(s) to use?
- 5. 5
- 6. Whos your customer? Millennials Facebook (84%) Instagram (37%) TwiEer (31%) Pinterest (27%) LinkedIn (15%) Age 18-33 Facebook (79%) LinkedIn (27%) Pinterest (24%) TwiEer (19%) Instagram (18%) Age 34-47 Facebook (60%) LinkedIn (24%) Pinterest (23%) TwiEer (9%) Instagram (6%) Age 48-65 BoomersGen Xers as of Dec 2013 - source: mediabistro.com
- 7. Male vs. Female (total users) 66% 76% Overall, women are more ac=ve on social media than men. Women are also 4 =mes more likely to use Pinterest, where men spend more =me on LinkedIn. Email: email@example.com www.sproutnewmedia.com 80% activity is on mobile devices
- 8. How to get raving fans ENGAGE Save them time Save them money Make them smile Gain their trust Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.sproutnewmedia.com Engagement is more valuable than # of followers
- 9. Time management Get BIG results in just 15 minutes a day! 2. Set it for 15 Minutes 3. When times up, STOP Email: email@example.com www.sproutnewmedia.com Dont get sucked down the rabbit hole 1. Find a Timer
- 10. Online tools to save you time Hootsuite Buffer TweetDeck Manage mul=ple feeds in one place. Write & schedule future posts. Web, desktop, & mobile apps. Free and paid versions. Owned by TwiEer. R e a d m u l = p l e streams and post. Advance pos=ng feature. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.sproutnewmedia.com Schedule updates in advance for mul=ple networks. Web and mobile apps. Free and paid versions. www.buerapp.comwww.hootsuite.com www.tweetdeck.com
- 11. But how do we measure ROI? Email: email@example.com www.sproutnewmedia.com
- 12. 12 These days, instead of budgeting time and money to advertising, I spend it in social media, connecting with people in groupsenjoying REAL relationships that have nothing to do with selling something. ! I have more clients, more referrals, more connections more happy me. Ruth D. Overheard on Facebook Start small. Take your =me. Reach out. Grow your business online. You CAN do it!
- 13. Need help? Reach out! twiEer.com/lisawood facebook.com/sproutnewmedia pinterest.com/lisawood2 www.sproutnewmedia.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.sproutnewmedia.com
- 14. Address: 112 S. Main St. #224 , Stowe VT 05672 Phone: 802.253.4600 Email: email@example.com www.sproutnewmedia.com Thank you : )