CategoryEntertainment & Humor
2. What you need to know:
3. How do you know which chart to use?
4. Column Chart
5. ColumnChart This chart compares Senior, Junior, and Sophomore attendance rates at assemblies over a period of four months. 6. Compare
7. Stacked Bar This chart focuses more on each groups contribution to the whole for any given month 8. Line This chart would be okay if we were analyzing trends in attendance rates, but it does not provide a good side-by-side comparison 9. XY Scatter This chart is trying to determine if there is a correlation between the month and the attendance rate 10. Pie Finally, this chart is useless for representing the data because it only allows for one data series. 11. What did you think?
12. Stacked Bar Chart
13. Stacked BarThis example shows the contributions of three components:Computers, Printers, and Monitors to total sales during each quarter (three-month period) 14. Compare 15. Column This chart does not accurately represent the contributions of each part to the whole and is instead comparing them against each other 16. Line What about this chart?Can you clearly identify each components contribution to the whole? 17. XY Scatter Why does this chart not work? 18. Pie The chart only looks at one department 19. What did you think?
20. Line Chart
21. Line Chart
22. Compare 23. Column
24. Stacked Bar Does this chart describe trends? 25. Pie The pie chart fails to present all of the data 26. What did you think?
27. XY Scatter
28. XYScatter What affect did the wait time in the principals office have on pulse rate? What affect did the wait time in the doctors office have on pulse rate? This data is fictional 29. Compare 30. Column As you can see, if this chart is used, the data is confusing and not easily interpreted 31. Stacked Bar This chart is also hard to interpret 32. Pie The pie chart, once again, is clearly not the preferred chart for representing and communicating the data! 33. What did you think?
34. Pie Chart and Exploded Pie
35. Pie Chart Which item contributed the most percent to total sales? 36. Exploded Pie Chart 37. Review:Can you identify the charts?
38. Thats all folks . . .
39. Stacked Bar 40. XY Scatter 41. Column Chart 42. Exploded Pie 43. Pie 44. Line