Twitter & Social Tagging. ï‚§ Twitter is a MicroBlog ï‚§ 140...
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Twitter & Social Tagging. ï‚§ Twitter is a MicroBlog ï‚§ 140...
- Slide 1
- Twitter & Social Tagging
- Slide 2
- Twitter is a MicroBlog 140 Characters or less to say it Recently allowed photos to be shared Very popular* Officially 100 Million active users 500 Million registered accounts All Tweets are being cataloged in the Library of Congress *http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitterhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter
- Slide 3
- Combines Texting, Instant Messaging, Blogging Short format keeps it simple and to the point 140 Characters Breaking news- hours before it ends up on the tv. Trending topics- popular by mentions (#topic) Tagging goes socialWe interact with our words
- Slide 4
- Twitter not the whole future, but a large part of it We are a busy people- We need as much info in as little time as possible Keep up with the world around us, or the Jones
- Slide 5
- Founded in 2006 Biz Stone & Evan Williams Creators of Blogger.com Jack Dorsey Software Architect
- Slide 6
- Simple, descriptive username Not bob1234 or JaneSmith Try KnittingGranny or GearheadBob Talk first, follow later Start with friends, expand slowly Post consistently & it will come
- Slide 7
- News Businessinfo about your hobby/work Helpful information/tips Links to favorite sites, blog posts, photos The day-to-day stuff all about you!
- Slide 8
- Trivial- What you ate for lunch What color shoes you are wearing Politics Religion Sex
- Slide 9
- Loads of famous and non-famous alike have Twitter accounts Just search for them in the search bubble
- Slide 10
- Way for people to find what you are talking about, e.g. #library #doctorwho #Colts
- Slide 11
- You can make reference to people Give a shout-out, or say you were with other twitter users/people in general, e.g. Hey @jonnygskills, I saw your rocketship in the back yard, nice! @nflcolts, win one for a change! They get a heads-up that someone mentioned themThey see the post.
- Slide 12
- Become socially relevant Go Viral Searching for your @businessnamehere says it all Positive and negative feedback on the fly Live-tweeting an event- rallys, Conferences, Conventions, community meetings
- Slide 13
- Mobile! Focus changes from What are you doing? to Whats happening? Twitter news network?
- Slide 14
- Contact Jon 574-223-1003 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org @FCPLR (on Twitter, of course!)