Twitter For Restaurants
Embed Size (px)
On January 26, 2009 Sean Jackson presented to the YPO round table for restaurant owners. This presentation details how restaurant owners can use Twitter to help build a community of interest around their venue.
Transcript of Twitter For Restaurants
- Twitter For Customer Engagement Dallas January 2010
EAT WHAT YOU TwEETPresented by Sean Jackson, CEO of Ecordia
- Sean A Jackson@seanthinks
CEO of Ecordia
17+ Years in Interactive Technology Development
50+ Web Application Built
President DFW SEM
Past President Dallas Ad League (AAF-Dallas)
Member of DallasRoundTable
Speaker & Lecturer
- Growing your business with Twitter
What is Twitter?
Does Twitter matter to your business?
The 5 Rules for successful growth.
My venue and
- Twitter is NOT about shouting
it is about connecting.
- Do you have something of interest for the community?
- What is your value in the community?
- Can you be trusted?
- Are you active?
- Is Twitter part of your DNA?
Active blog site
- Twitter rules for growing your business
- Limitations of Twitter
10% represent 90% of all tweets (SM avg 10%/30%)
78.1%is babble or conversations
1%of addicts = 35% of visits
27%are regular users
60%abandon Twitter after first month
- Why You Should Use Twitter
Is my audience there?
Is it important to my efforts?
Can I/we engage?
Can I/we sustain?
- RULE #1 - Build a Foundation
Create the right team
Marketing person? (maybe)
Consider creating a TweetTeam within the organization
Customer fans (tradeout for gifts)
Provide rules & responsibilities (most important)
User accounts are important
By location or by brand or by personality or ALL
Build the right lists
People who work for us (employees, vendors)
People we know and who know us
People we dont know who know us
People we would like to know but dont know us
- Research what is going on
Restaurant near:Dallas within:50mi
Proper Names + Intent
- bad & other negative sentiments
- @User Accounts
- Brand Names
- Proper Names
- Market Terms
- Misspellings of all