Embed Size (px)
Transcript of TOP Podcasting
- 1. Using Podcasting & Blogging to Extend Your Teaching Beyond the Classroom Door Chris Waugaman (email@example.com) Stephanie Bishop (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Whyi si ti mportantt o h avean o nlinep resence?
- Teachers are using technology to get students more involved and improve learning and retention beyond the classroom door.
- Students learn best with multiple approaches.
- Students need time for remediation.
- Technology is cool.
3. Whata ret hem ostu sefult oolsa vailablef ort eacherst oe xtendl earning?
- Discussion Boards
- Interactive Web Elements
4. Whati sp odcasting?
- Podcasting is quickly becoming a buzz word among the techie crowd. So what is podcasting, anyway? Podcasting is online audio content that is delivered via an RSS feed. Many people liken podcasting to radio on demand. However, in reality, podcasting gives far more options in terms of content and programming than radio does. In addition, with Podcasting, listeners can determine the time and the place, meaning they decide what programming they want to receive and when they want to listen to it.
- Listeners can retain audio archives to listen to at their leisure. While blogs have turned many bloggers into journalists, podcasting has the potential to turn podcasters into radio personalities.
5. Whata res omet hingsy ouc anr ecordf ory ourc lass?
- Homework Assignments
- Writing Assignments
- Opinion Essays (This I Believe)
6. Wherec an I go tol istent og reatp odcasts?
- http://www. npr .org/
- http://www.apple. com/itunes/podcasts/
- http: //itunes .apple.com/us/podcast/coffee-break-spanish/id201598403
- http: //itunes .apple.com/us/podcast/tedtalks-audio/id160904630
- http: //itunes .apple.com/us/podcast/pti-3-22/id147232181? i=92365693
- http: //itunes .apple.com/us/podcast/id413136944? i=92157984
- http://www. nytimes . com/ref/multimedia/podcasts .html
7. How do I create my own podcast?
- Step One - Record your sound digitally
- There are many ways to record your sound. You may do it with a digital tape recorder. You may do it with most computer on board microphones.
8. Recording Sound through GarageBand Tracks Play/Record Buttons Sound Effects 9. Record & Edit your sound
- Step Two - Edit your sound
- The easiest way to edit your sound is to open your file in a sound editing program, such as GarageBand or Audacity. Once your file is in the program you can cut vocal tracks, add tracks, add effects, etc.
10. Share your podcast
- Step Three - Share your podcast
- Most sound editing programs have a button at the top that indicates share. This is where you will send your sound file somewhere to be saved as a Mp3 or WAV file. Most online sites can host either one.
11. Put your podcast on the web
- Step Four - Put your podcast on the web
- If your school division has a spot for teacher blogs you can host it there. Or if you have your own blog you can place it there. Having your own blog is easy and free in most cases. See notes on Wordpress.com
12. How do I start a blog?
- Step One - Find an online site for blogging that is user friendly and free!
- Once you have found one that suits you, follow the step by step procedures to set it up.
13. Setting up a new account
- All you need is a username and password and possibly an email account