Top 20 teacher interview questions and answers
of 24 /24
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Top 20 teacher interview questions and answers
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 1 of 24 Top 20 teacher interview questions and answers Other useful materials for teacher interview: 170 teacher interview questions, 440 behavioral interview questions, 290 competency based interview questions, top 36 situational interview questions, 95 management interview questions and answers, 45 internship interview questions, 13 types of interview questions and how to face them.
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 2 of 24 Describe one of the most successful lessons you have taught in a class. Explain why it worked so well? Answer: Provide a specific excellent lesson that you taught. Concentrate on the key points of the lesson and how you used the information to make the lesson successful. A basic skill that all professional teachers must have is to plan for lessons in advance. Affirm that you always analyze the strengths as well as the weaknesses of your lessons and show how hard you worked to improve your skills.
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 3 of 24 What strategies will you use to encourage group work amongst your student? Answer: To answer this teacher interview question, you should prove that you understand what the advantages (praising incorporation among students, making the combination between ideas and information convenient) and disadvantages (social loafing, rule by certain personality types) of team work are and when a learning situation is suitable for team work and when it will be not.
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 4 of 24 What will you do if a lesson doesnt work well? Answer: Sometimes things go out of the plan. Provide a specific instance in which a lesson did not run. Concentrate on analyzing what went wrong and what the weaknesses of the lessons were. Show the way you did to enhance the quality of the lessons such as making the content less complicated, utilizing useful resources, learning the experiences from other teachers and reconsidering your classroom management. You need to know that failures have occurred and you have ability and lucidity to resolve them.
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 5 of 24 What qualities do you look for in a principal? Answer: This kind of question is made in order to ask your opinion about a successful principal and which qualities that a teacher and a principal must have. Having a vision and a clear goal, planning and motivating, communicating and visibility, consistency and accountability, caring, nurturing and developing staff and students are the qualities which must be concentrated on.
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 6 of 24 What are your personal and professional goals? Answer tips Teachers who are also learners themselves are being looked for by many schools. Show your goals that deal with self- improvement in the teaching skills and the profit which the students, the school and the community can get. Think twice before entering an interview so you can present your goals easily and fluently when being asked.
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 7 of 24 How do you evaluate the success of your teaching? Answer tips There is no know-it-all teacher and everyone has to try to be better. According to the assessment, you can recognize which teaching skills are good and which need to be improved. Describe an example in which your lessons are reflected clearly and positives and negatives are stressed. Show the specific approaches of self- evaluation that you used. It is helpful for you to make successes and enhance if necessary. Some other useful approaches are the feedback about sessions from students.
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 8 of 24 Tell me about a teacher who has inspired you and what did you learn from him or her? Answer tips This kind of teacher interview question is created to discover your values and motivation. You need to prepare some examples in which show their behavior and teaching styles that inspired you. How have you tried to transmit the lesson you learned from him or her to your students? Emphasize qualities that would be valuable in the teaching position you are applying for in your answer.
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 9 of 24 What are your areas of strength in the curriculum? You need to have an honest self-evaluation of your strengths. Present a clear understanding curriculum and explain why you consider those special districts as your strengths. Identify strengths that you want to enhance and the steps you will or are following to catch your goals.
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 10 of 24 How do you keep your subject up to date? Teachers have to maintain a constantly developing curriculum. In order to give the high quality instruction, you should express your willingness and competence to keep your subject district in line. A strong positive access between a teachers preparation in their subject issue and their implementation and influence in the classroom is presented in research. Show specific examples of resources which you have to update and improve your subject knowledge such as agreeing with related publications, joining seminars and on-line research.
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 11 of 24 Tell me about the materials you use in the classroom to support your teaching? Show applications of variety of teaching materials and assistances which are helpful for teachers. Describe the way you use to specify which resources are useful and complement their uses in facilitating learning. It is necessary to give the specific examples of lessons that you have directed into your answer.
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 12 of 24 How do you plan when starting a new study unit or topic with your class? You should prove your skills relate to plans and mention all resources, arrangement, performance, controlling and assessment which you prepared in your teacher interview answer. Remember to give specific examples to the interviewer.
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 13 of 24 Tell me how you develop your daily lesson plan and what do you include? Add some lesson plans into Your Teacher Profile and consider them as your basic lectures. Describe that you specify the goal of the lesson, the needed conditions for the completed goal, what the necessary materials and recourses, the lesson procedure, assessment and appraisement are.
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 14 of 24 Describe your teaching style? Your own clearly understanding way in teaching should be shown up, however you should learn some more other teaching styles which are suitable in different learning situations. Emphasize your ability in adjusting your style to satisfy the needs of students. For instance, with students who are able to learn independently, you can stress on student-centered style. Show the examples that your students and colleagues commended you as a good teacher.
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 15 of 24 Would you be interested in participating in after- school activities? In the interview, you should express your enthusiastic, active and attractive plans that you will make at school. If you get the job, you can agree or refuse any after- school activities depending on your schedule and interest. Pay attention that you are requested to train, direct a club, or help in doing homework, at least until you are tenured. You should take time to learn about school policy because some schools ask for participation as extra- curricular activities.
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 16 of 24 How have you used, or how will you use technology in the classroom? There are a lot of types of suitable technologies, and schools are ready to bring them into their classrooms anytime possible. It is necessary to make sure with your interviewer that you are fervent and expert in using available technologies. Additionally, emphasize that you are always studying new technologies in order to bring them into your classroom, if they are available. Tell the interviewer some examples in which the technologies that you used in the past are shown: I was fortunate when I had one of the first Smart Boards in my classroom. Instantly, the children were attracted, and eager to discover the offered possibilities. We had a brilliant lesson and it was really amazing teaching tool.
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 17 of 24 What have you learned from mistakes on the teacher job? Answer tips Here you have to come up with something or you strain credibility. Make it small, well intentioned mistake with a positive lesson learned. An example would be working too far ahead of colleagues on a project and thus throwing coordination off. Everyone makes mistakes, of course, but some companies are more willing to learn from them than punish those involved. Youve learned that when you do make mistakes, someone is usually disappointed in the choice you made, but you have to figure it out for yourself, they might help you decide what s right and what ss wrong, but youll be the decider on which you choose. Youve learned that people do care about you, and to not do it again if you dont want to. Answer samples Every one makes mistakes but only few people can realize there mistakes and they dont want to repeat those mistakes again.. I am the one in those few people, I dont want to repeat the mistakes which had done by me in my job/work.
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 18 of 24 What have you done to improve your teacher knowledge in the last year? Answer tips Try to include improvement activities that relate to the job. A wide variety of activities can be mentioned as positive self- improvement. Have some good ones handy to mention. Employers look for applicants who are goal-oriented. Show a desire for continuous learning by listing hobbies non-work related. Regardless of what hobbies you choose to showcase, remember that the goal is to prove self-sufficiency, time management, and motivation. Answer samples Every should learn from his mistake. I always try to consult my mistakes with my kith and kin especially with elderly and experienced person. I enrolled myself into a course useful for the next version of our current project. I attended seminars on personal development and managerial skills improvement.
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 19 of 24 What kind of salary do you need? A loaded question. A nasty little game that you will probably lose if you answer first. So, do not answer it. Instead, say something like, Thats a tough question. Can you tell me the range for this position? In most cases, the interviewer, taken off guard, will tell you. If not, say that it can depend on the details of the job. Then give a wide range.
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 20 of 24 What can you do for us that other candidates can't? What makes you unique? This will take an assessment of your experiences, skills and traits. Summarize concisely: "I have a unique combination of strong technical skills, and the ability to build strong customer relationships. This allows me to use my knowledge and break down information to be more user- friendly."
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 21 of 24 Do you have any questions to ask us? Never ask Salary, perks, leave, place of posting, etc. regarded questions. Try to ask more about the company to show how early you can make a contribution to your organization like Sir, with your kind permission I would like to know more about induction and developmental programs? OR Sir, I would like to have my feedback, so that I can analyze and improve my strengths and rectify my shortcomings.
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 22 of 24 Useful interview materials: Ebook Guide To Getting A Teaching Job: http://azjobebooks.info/details/GuideToTeachingJob - 170 teacher interview questions: http://teachercareer123.com/170-teacher-interview- questions - http://teachercareer123.com/top-12-secrets-to-win-every-job-interviews - http://teachercareer123.com/13-types-of-interview-questions-and-how-to-sovle-them
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 23 of 24 Other job interview tips 1. Practice types of job interview such as screening interview, phone interview, second interview, situational interview, behavioral interview (competency based), technical interview, group interview 2. Send interview thank you letter to employers after finishing the job interview: first interview, follow-up interview, final interview. 3. If you want more interview questions for entry-level, internship, freshers, experienced candidates, you can ref free ebook: 75 interview questions and answers. 4. Prepare list of questions in order to ask the employer during job interview. 5. Job titles related: preschool teacher; substitute teacher; teacher assistant; special education teacher; kindergarten teacher; english teacher; elementary school teacher; teacher aide; elementary teacher; lead teacher; pe teacher; esl teacher; teachers; primary school teacher; nursery teacher; assistant teacher; high school teacher; music teacher; art teacher; day care teacher; primary teacher; ict teacher; physical education teacher; resource teacher; math teacher; computer teacher; sunday school teacher; child care teacher; supply teacher; science teacher; early childhood teacher; middle school teacher; it teacher; pre k teacher; learning support teacher; dance teacher; daycare teacher; toddler teacher; after school teacher; technology teacher; class
- Interview questions and answers pdf file for free download Page 24 of 24 teacher; head start teacher; shadow teacher; preschool teacher assistant; drama teacher; infant teacher; spanish teacher; montessori teacher; language teacher; intervention teacher; classroom teacher; school teacher; secondary school teacher; history teacher; unqualified teacher; head teacher; associate teacher; preschool assistant teacher; special ed teacher; special needs teacher; teacher librarian; chemistry teacher; reception teacher; reading teacher; co teacher; biology teacher; title 1 teacher; high school english teacher; early years teacher; senior teacher; business teacher; life skills teacher; first grade teacher; student teacher; mentor teacher; lead preschool teacher; preschool lead teacher; master teacher; special education teacher assistant; social studies teacher; daycare teacher assistant; teachers assistant; early childhood education teacher; special education resource teacher; french teacher; secondary teacher; preschool teachers; pre school teacher; teachers aide; nursery school teacher; piano teacher; college teacher; assistant preschool teacher; high school math teacher; humanities teacher; vpk teacher; health teacher; preschool teacher aide; support teacher; basic skills teacher; ese teacher; title i teacher; gym teacher; sen teacher; homebound teacher; bilingual teacher; maths teacher; advanced skills teacher; business studies teacher; foreign language teacher; physics teacher; literacy teacher 6. Note: This file is available for free download.