The Operating Model That is Eating the World
Embed Size (px)
Today's fastest-growing, most profoundly impactful companies are using a completely different operating model. We refer to this model as The Responsive Operating System, and we think it'll change the world.
Transcript of The Operating Model That is Eating the World
- THE OPERATING MODEL THAT IS EATING THE WORLD
- TODAYS DOMINANT VIDEO SERVICE IS A DIGITAL COMPANY. GOOGLE SEARCHES OVER TIME NETFLIX BLOCKBUSTER 2004 2013
- TODAYS DOMINANT MUSIC SERVICE IS A DIGITAL COMPANY. GOOGLE SEARCHES OVER TIME ITUNES TOWER RECORDS 2004 2013
- TOP PERFORMING AUTO STOCK? DIGITAL COMPANY.
- DIRECT MARKETING, GAMING, RECRUITING, TELECOM, AND RETAIL? ! DIGITAL COMPANIES.
- TODAYS FASTEST GROWING, MOST PROFOUNDLY IMPACTFUL COMPANIES ARE USING A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT OPERATING MODEL
- THE RESPONSIVE OPERATING SYSTEM VISIONARY A new value set. VS. COMMERCIAL LEAN EMERGENT VS. LARGE VS. CONTROLLED OPEN VS. CLOSED Expressed across multiple dimensions of an organization. PURPOSE LEARNING VS. SUSTAINING PROCESS PEOPLE PRODUCT PLATFORM
- VISIONARY vs. COMMERCIAL ! ! Responsive companies approach their work with a long-term, ambitious view to everything from employee experience, to market position, to impact.
- LEAN vs. LARGE ! ! Responsive companies have a bias toward simplicity and leanness, in service of speed, understanding, and resourcefulness.
- LEARNING vs. SUSTAINING ! ! Responsive companies focus on learning and improvement as their primary driver in operations and innovation, as opposed to preserving/protecting status quo.
- EMERGENT vs. CONTROLLED ! ! Responsive companies accept the idea that things should be uid, that they should serve the business based on circumstance, and that what works will shape/reveal itself.
- OPEN vs. CLOSED ! ! Responsive companies favor highly networked conguration resulting in increased transparency and information ow, for both internal and external audiences, partners, and communities.
- ADVENTURES IN OS TRANSFORMATION