The best digital campaigns of 2012
Embed Size (px)
Here is a selection of the best digital campaigns I've seen this year. "Best" Doesn't mean "most viewed", but "amazing", "different", "integrated" - Produced with love - Hope you'll enjoy it
Transcript of The best digital campaigns of 2012
- ud in g Inc l THE cipe l re ra iTHE BEST DIGITAL for vCAMPAIGNS OF 2012! Picture from Will it blend? (Blendtec)! Grgory Pouy! email@example.com! @gregfromparis! ! 1! LaMercatique !
- WANT TO MAKE IT BIG ON THE WEB?! VIEW COUNTER! 3! 4! 8! , 5! 2! , 9! 9! 9! 4! 2! LaMercatique!
- 2012 VIRAL PHENOMENA!(lets get this thing started) 3! LaMercatique!
- KONY 2012: MAKE A VIRAL VIDEO TO1! BRING A KNOWN MURDERER TO LIGHT! Kony was THE phenomenon of the rst part of the year:! - A 30-minute video! - Real and straightforward! - Quickly obtained thousands of millions of views ! - One of the most talked-about movies of the year! Kony was controversial and sparked many video responses.! 4! LaMercatique!
- GANGNAM STYLE: THE MOST-VIEWED2! VIDEO EVER! This was the rst time an Asian (Korean) song became a hit among westerners (> 805 millions views).! ! Several factors can explain its success:! - A funny, yet easy-to-copy dance! - A lack of copyright that allowed for a multitude of parodies (some of which saw over 10 millions views) > Psy received a % of the revenue generated from each Gangnam style parodies ads(estimated around $1million).! 5! LaMercatique!
- 3! CALL ME MAYBE! Youve denitely heard this song.! How did a simply written summertime song reach almost 300 millions views (counting only the ofcial video)?! Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez lmed themselves with a bunch of friends singing the song and tweeting about it in January...the catchy sound and lyrics did the rest.! ! 6! LaMercatique!
- 2012S BEST CAMPAIGNS! 7! LaMercatique!
- BEHIND THE SCENES WITH 1! MCDONALDS!COUNTRY! CANADA!BRAND! MCDONALDS!TARGET AUDIENCE! PEOPLE WARY OF THE BRAND!OBJECTIVE! CREATE A RELATIONSHIP WITH & REASSURE PEOPLE !CHALLENGE! THE QUALITY OF THEIR FOOD! 8! LaMercatique!
- ! ! # 1! !BEHIND THE SCENES WITH MCDONALDS!!CONCEPT:!!Create a new interactive Youtube channel where people can ask anything!and get a response in video form.!! This transparent position for a brand that is as global as McDonalds!piqued peoples curiosity.!!RESULTS:!!6,000 questions !!!Over 2 million interactions & an average viewing time of 4 min!!VIDEO: http://youtu.be/oSd0keSj2W8! 9! LaMercatique!
- ! ! # 1! !KEY TAKEAWAY! ENGAGEMENT! People may not always participate in your pre- planned communication program.! They like to respond, however, and when a brand offers transparency - they love it.! These interactions also demonstrate how engaging a brand can be.! ! ! ! 10! LaMercatique!
- # 2! THE INVISIBLE MERCEDES!COUNTRY! GERMANY!BRAND! MERCEDES!TARGET AUDIENCE! THE ENTIRE COUNTRY!OBJECTIVE! PROMOTE A NEW DRIVING TECHNOLOGY!CHALLENGE! THE CAR INDUSTRYS AD SPEND IS UNRIVALED! 11! LaMercatique!
- ! ! #2! !INVISIBLE MERCEDES! !CONCEPT:! ! To be honest, the video is disappointing compared to the (real life) !amazing concept that Mercedes developed.! !The idea is simple and broke through to people. After all, who never !dreamed of being invisible when you were little?!! !RESULTS:! !Over 10 million views, 450 million media impressions! !VIDEO: http://youtu.be/zt5AHdQApvg! 12! LaMercatique!
- ! ! # 2! !KEY TAKEAWAY! SURPRISE! Mercedess idea was simple yet surprising: were used to seeing special effects in movies, but not an actual real-life "trick".! The only downside is that the quality of the video leaves much to be be desired and feels too much like an ad. ! ! 13! LaMercatique!
- # 3! RED BULL STRATOS!COUNTRY! AUSTRIA!BRAND! RED BULL!TARGET AUDIENCE! WORLDWIDE !OBJECTIVE! BRAND EQUITY!CHALLENGE! THE OPERATION CHALLENGED HUMAN LIMITS! 14! LaMercatique!
- ! ! # 3! !RED BULL STRATOS!!CONCEPT:!! Red Bulls global strategy is centered around creating amazing!branded content.!!This operation set a whole new level of standards for brands.!!!!RESULTS:!!Over 8 million people watched the jump live (beating a precedent !!record of 500,000) + millions of dollars in the equivalent of media spend!!Estimated cost: $50 million!!VIDEO: http://youtu.be/dOoHArAzdug! 15! LaMercatique!
- ! ! # 3! !KEY TAKEAWAY! SHARED VALUES! Courage is a value that will be soon connected to Red Bull and its a label that theyre clearly striving for.! People are fed up with product-centric advertising; they want great content but see a whirlwind of values every day in a multitude of media forms. Brands that offer up value for society make the case for their product like never before.! If executed to plan, viewers share your content because, well, they enjoyed it!! ! 16! ! LaMercatique!
- # 4! SHARE A COKE!COUNTRY! AUSTRALIA!BRAND! COCA COLA!TARGET AUDIENCE! YOUNG ADULTS!OBJECTIVE! REINFORCE TIES WITH THE BRAND!CHALLENGE! COCA COLA IS STRUGGLING TO REMAIN TOP OF MIND! 17! LaMercatique!
- ! ! # 4! !SHARE A COKE!!CONCEPT:!!Coca Cola decided to make the brand about every one of us, using!mass personalization. That is, your name (and then your friends and!neighbors names) replaced their logo.!! This was a completly integrated campaign using outdoor, TV,!Social Mdia, Press, Retail Stores!!RESULTS:! ! 7% increase in young adult consumption! ! 12 million earned media impressions!!VIDEO: http://youtu.be/2l_WzEdUd0o! 18! LaMercatique!
- ! ! # 4! !KEY TAKEAWAY! MASS PERSONALIZATION! In a consumption-driven society, its the details that count and personal attention. Personalization is a key driver for sales.! Most brands are unable to choose this option, as it is costly and complicated.! If executed well, mass personalization can offer the same attention and details as personalization, with relatively low costs.! 19! LaMercatique!
- # 5! NIKE FUEL BAND!COUNTRY! U.S.A!BRAND! NIKE!TARGET AUDIENCE! WORLDWIDE !OBJECTIVE! `DEVELOPING THE BRANDS PRODUCT BREADTH!CHALLENGE! A COMPLETELY NEW PRODUCT CATEGORY! 20! LaMercatique!
- ! ! # 5! !NIKE FUEL BAND! !CONCEPT :! ! The Nike fuel band combined a communications operation with the !launch of an entirely new category of products.! !Nike broadened their product breadth, equally broadening their value !proposition.!! !RESULTS :! !For Nike, the fuelband was a major solution to their formerly declining !revenue.!! !VIDEO: http://youtu.be/W8xMurdO4Tk! 21! LaMercatique!
- ! ! # 5! !KEY TAKEAWAY! INNOVATE! The digital space forces brands to rethink their brands value propostions.! A sports-centric brand, with the help of a new product, became a health partner and also devised a manner to access data which will allow it to better adress its customers tomorrow. !! 22! LaMercatique!
- # 6! AMERICAN EXPRESS SHOP SMALL!COUNTRY! U.S.A.!BRAND! AMERICAN EXPRESS!TARGET AUDIENCE! SMALL BUSINESSES!OBJECTIVE! EMPATHY FOR THE BRAND & INCRE