Test Questions in Assessment of Learning and Guidance and Counseling Big
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Test Questions in Assessment of Learning and Guidance and Counseling Big
TEST QUESTIONS IN ASSESSMENT OF LEARNING AND GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING1.
It has been proven that teachers always ask content questions. Which does not refer to a content question? a. Closed c. concept b. Direct d. convergent
2. TEACHER: In what other ways aside from the periodic table may we predict the undiscovered earth? STUDENT A: We can go to the moon and see if there are elements there that cant be found. We can dig down to the Earths core and see if we can see there some missing elements. TEACHER: Ok those are really good ideas, but dont you think those would cost a lot? How can we possibly use the elements to find new ones? QUESTION: What is being illustrated by the dialogue above? a. funneling c. nose-dive b. sowing and reaping d. extending and lifting 3. Which practice in questioning brings about more classroom interaction? a. asking the question before calling on a student. b. focusing on divergent questions c. focusing on convergent questions d. asking rhetorical questions
4. If students are not responding to your questions, what technique should you use? a. ask a specific student to respond, state the question, and wait a response. b. Tell the class that it will have detention unless answer is forthcoming. c. ask another question, an easier one. d. wait for a response. 5. What should you do if you want to teach your students to synthesize? a. ask students to formulate a generalization from the data shown in graphs. b. ask students to answer questions beginning with What if c. tell students to state data presented in graph d. direct students to ask questions on the parts of the lesson not understood 6. The following are acceptable purposes of a question except; a. to call the attention of an inattentive student b. to teach student answers c. to stimulate learners to ask questions d. to arouse interest and curiosity
7. Teachers must avoid ____ questions to promote maximum interaction. a. informational c. leading b. rhetorical d. divergent 8. In asking higher order questions, a teacher must ask more ____ questions. a. closed c. concept b. fact d. convergent 9. What is not a logical and sound purpose of questioning? a. to probe deeper after an answer is given b. to discipline a bully in class c. to remind students of a procedure d. to encourage self reflection 10. After giving a comment on a paragraph, the teacher ask his students to rate a given paragraph based on the elements of the paragraph. What is the level of the students task? a. application c. evaluation b. analysis d. synthesis 11. Which of the following directly measures competence? a. personality test c. paper and pencil test b. performance test d. standardized test 12. Analyze this item: Group these items in terms of shape. This question is an example of what type of question?
a. creating b. generalizing
c. classifying d. predicting
13. Considering the theory of multiple intelligences, what would be a weakness of the pencil and paper test? a. it is not easy to administer b. it puts the non-linguistically intelligent at a disadvantage c. it utilizes so much time d. it lacks reliability 14. Which has the highest diagnostic value when we are tasked to develop our skills in synthesizing? a. essay test c. completion test b. performance test d. multiple choice test 15. Which one can best evaluate students attitude? a. essay test c. observation b. portfolio d. short answer test 16. A teacher discovered that her students are good in dramatizing. What test could have helped the teacher in discovering her students ability? a. portfolio assessment c. journal entry b. performance test d. paper and pencil test
17. A teacher wants to teach students the skill in crocheting. Her check up quiz was a pen and paper test on the steps of crocheting. What do you think is lacking for it to be considered a good test? a. scorability c. objectivity c. reliability d. validity 18. If the exam you have taken constitutes the competencies stated on the syllabus, then we can say that the test has ____ validity. a. concurrent c. content b. construct d. predictive 19. What kind of question is this particular item: Based on the facts given, what most likely will happen if. a. inferring c. synthesizing b. generalizing d. justifying 20. What must a teacher do to ensure the fairness of an exam in a criterion-referenced testing? a. make all the questions true or false b. ask each student to contribute one question c. make twenty questions but ask the students to answer only ten of their choices d. use the objectives for the units as guide in your test construction.
21. This type of tests strength is its broad sampling. a. objective test c. essay test c. short answer test d. problem type 22. In planning an achievement test, this must be the first step. a. define the instructional objective b. decide on the length of the test c. select the type of test items to use d. build a table of specification 23. What is the first step in constructing a periodic test? a. decide on the number of items for the test b. go back to the instructional objectives c. study the content d. decide on the type of test to be constructed 24. What is the meaning of TOS in the parlance of test construction? a. table of speeches c. table of specific test item b. table of specifications d. term of specifications 25. Which guidelines in test construction is not observed in this test item: Jose Rizal wrote _________. a. the central problem should be packed in the stem b. there must be only one answer c. alternatives must have grammatical parallelism d. the alternatives must be plausible
26. Quiz: Formative, Periodic:_____ a. criterion reference test c. norm-reference test b. summative test d. diagnostic test 27. What kind of test must a teacher use if she wants to test the students ability to organize ideas? a. multiple choice type c. essay b. short answer d. technical problem type 28. Among the choice given, A, B, C, D, no student chose D. It means D is: a. a defective distracter c. an effective distracter c. a vague distracter d. a plausible distracter 29. NSAT and Nat results are interpreted against set mastery level. This means that NSAT and NAT fall under ___ a. intelligence test c. criterion-reference test b. aptitude test d. norm-reference test 30. _________ is strength of an autobiography as a technique for personality appraisal a. it can replace data obtained from other data gathering technique b. it gives complete data about the author c. it makes possible the presentation of intimate experiences that can not be revealed in a face-to-face situation by shy students d. it may be read by unauthorized people
31. When the teacher construct a table of specifications, the students can be assured that the test has; a. scorability c. economy b. reliability d. content validity 32. Here is a performance objective: WITH THE AID OF A PERIODIC CHART, the student will list the atomic weights of the first ten elements. The capitalized words are referred to as the a. performance statement c. behavior b. minimum acceptable performance d. condition 33. Robert Frost wrote ___. This question lacks what guideline in test construction? a. the length of the blank suggests answer. b. the central problem is not packed in the stem c. it is open to more than one answer d. the blank is at the end of the question. 34. Which should be excluded in the group? a. completion c. multiple choice b. matching d. alternative response 35. A teacher interpreted the test scores using normreference, which of the following did she do? a. used a specific content as its frame of reference b. described group performance in relation to a level of master set
c. compared every individual student scores with other scores d. describe what should be the students performance 36. What type of test measures higher order thinking skills? a. enumeration c. completion b. matching d. analogy 37. What is convergent question? a. Did the LA SOLIDARIDAD accomplish its purpose? Why or why not? b. Who was the first editor of LA SOLIDARIDAD? c. Why did the LA SOLIDARIDAD come about? d. If you were the editor of the LA SOLIDARIDAD what would you do? 38. Here is a performance objective: Given a compass and a straight edge, construct a pentagon within 5 degrees of accuracy on any of the inside or outside angles. Which is the condition statement? a. within 5 degrees of accuracy b. construct a pentagon c. on any of the inside or outside angles d. given a compass and a straight edge
39. What should be the source of a teacher performance in terms of professional growth? a. self evaluation c. students evaluation b. supervisory evaluation d. peer evaluation 40. If a guidance counselor plays the role of a social worker, it means; a. he must spend time planning, giving and interpreting tests b. he gives vocational guidance c. he does tutoring d. he does counseling with children who are disturbed emotionally 41. Which teacher behavior DOES enhance development of higher level thinking skills? a. Encouraging credibility as a criterion b. Asking convergent questions c. Making students aware of their mental process d. Teaching for meaning 42. Which is FALSE about guidance? a. Guidance is concerned with the entire individual b. Guidance is an integral part of education c. Guidance helps individuals develop the ability to make intelligence d. Guidance makes choices for individuals
43. Which must be removed from the group? a. Short answer c. Completion b. Restricted-response essay d. Multiple Choice 44. Which statement is CORRECT about guidance? a. Guidance is aimed merely at the amelioration of trauma. b. Guidance is concerned with the maximum development of the individual. c. Guidance is confined to one type of life situation like social. d. Guidance is making intelligent choices for confused individuals. 45. In order to have basis for _______, test norms are established.