Target by age is good? kinda!
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Target by age is good? kinda!
- 1. Udi Barone http:// www.beesandpollen.com Common misconception Targeting ads by Age on Facebook is good? Kinda! See case study results inside
- 2. Ive took 5 different ads and ran them on a Facebook app Learn languages Amazon beauty Online pianist Amazon music Amazon apparel
- 3. Ive analyzed the clickers user data
- Ive looked on the attributes of all users who clicked the ads and analyzed the following attributes:
- Age The attribute I was betting to be the best predictor of which ad a user is most likely to click. After all, it is the attribute we all use today
- Total Friends
- Total Posts
- Total Likes (e.g. products, music, artists)
- Number of Likes related to products only
- Number of Likes related to music only
- 4. Surprisingly Age wasnt the best predictor of which ad a user is most likely to click! Guess the attribute?
- 5. The user Age attribute lost toNumber of user Likes related to products only attribute Number of Likes related to products only
- 6. Tips for better ads monetization on Facebook apps
- When you go target you should analyze tens of attributes (anything you can think of)
- Dont settle for just analytics tools that leaves you all the manual work of optimization. The optimization needs to be done in real-time!
- Use optimization tools like the Honey- Lizer that can do the work for you. Such tool optimizes x10,000 attribute combinations
- Beware of disclosing any data to 3 rd party and breaching Facebook user privacy
- 7. Discloser
- This is just a sample analysis on one Facebook app. The results disclosed here are subjected to change across different apps, different ads/offers and different algorithms.