Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Sumair's Favorites
Sum air 's Favor it esA cookbook
TABLE O F CO N TEN TS
TO M ATO SAU CE FO R PASTA2
BO LO GN ESE SAU CE 3
GREEN CU RRY4
CH ICKEN W ITH FRESH BASIL5
GRILLED CH ICKEN , TH AI STYLE6
STIR FRIED VEGETABLES7
M U TTO N CU RRY9
TAN D O O RI CH ICKEN 10
CO O KIE O REO BRO W N IES11
CH ILI CH ICKEN 8
CH O CO LATE M O U SSE12
M ERIN GU E13
- 100 grams of flour- 100 grams of semolina - 2 eggs- Salt
Mix 100 grams of flour, 100 grams of semolina and 2 eggs. Knead well. Add a pinch of salt. Do not add water to the dough, you can dampen you hands while kneading, if the dough is too dry.
Divide into small balls. Flatten balls so that they can go through a pasta machine.
Set the pasta machine to a 7 setting. Run the ball of pasta through, and fold the sheet of dough that emerges four times. Run it through the same setting again, and repeat two more times.
Once each ball of dough has run through the pasta machine four times on setting 7, reduce the setting to 6 and run it through one more time. Keep reducing the setting by one, and run it through once in each setting.
Cut the pasta into the size you need.
Tomato Sauce for PastaIT
- Garlic - chopped - Onion - chopped - Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Tomato - chopped - Salt - Fresh Basil
Saute garlic and onions in half a glass of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
When brown, add chopped tomato and cook on high for 20 miutes. Then reduce heat and cook for one to two hours until the sauce becomes a deep red. As the sauce dries,keep adding 1/3 glass of water.
Add salt to taste.
Before serving, add chopped fresh basil.
- Minced Meat - Tomato - chopped - Carrots - chopped - Celery - chopped - Onion - chopped - Garlic ? chopped - Water / chicken broth - Basil - chopped- Salt
Cook chopped carrots, celery, onion and garlic.
When brown, add minced meat and cook for 15 minutes.
Add chopped tomato. Cover and cook on slow fire for 1 hours. Can add water or broth if necessary.
When cooked, add lots of chopped basil and salt to taste.
- Chicken Breast / Shrimp- Coconut milk - Green curry paste (you can use the packaged one, but
fresh tastes better) - Fish sauce - Thai Basil - Kaffir Lime Leaves - Salt - Brown sugar
Roast the green curry paste ? about two tablespoons. You
can add more if you prefer a stronger and spicier flavor.
Put the chicken/shrimp into the paste, and stir fry.
Slowly add coconut milk, making sure it mixes well with the
Add Kaffir Lime Leaves and boil.
Once cooked, add Fish Sauce, and Brown Sugar.
Taste ? and add a pinch of salt, if necessary
Top with the Thail Basil leaves.
Chicken with Fresh Basil
- Boneless Chicken breast ? cut into small pieces - Garlic - 8-10 cloves chopped - Red chilli - cut finely - Basil ? half cup whole leaf, half cup chopped - Brown sugar ? one spoon - Soya Sauce - 2 tablespoon - Light Soya Sauce - 2 tablespoon - Oyster Sauce ? 3 tablespoon - Pepper
Fry the whole basil leaves and keep aside.
Heat oil and stir fry red chilli and garlic. Add half chopped basil leaves.
Add chicken,and stir fry. When the liquid in the pan dries, add the rest of the chopped basil leaves and stir fry some more.
Add small spoon brown sugar and black pepper. Add the soya sauce, light soya sauce and 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
Cook five minutes. After chicken is cooked, add litt le more oyster sauce. Put in serving bowl and top with fried basil
Grilled Chicken, Thai StyleA
- chicken (can use thigh although in our house, we prefer boneless breast)
- Finely chopped lemongrass stalk, white part 6 cloves garlic, minced - 2 tbsp lime juice - Chopped red chili (optional but recommended) - 3 tbsp fish sauce - 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine, sherry or sake (Japanese cooking wine) (Note 4) - 1 tsp sesame oil (optional) - 3 tbsp brown sugar or palm sugar - 2 tbsp honey (or 1 tbsp brown sugar) - tbsp black pepper
Place Marinade ingredients in a large ziplock bag. Shake.
Add the chicken into the ziplock bag and massage to spread the marinade over all the chicken. Marinate for 4-5 hours.
Bake the chicken in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
Stirfr ied Vegetables
Stirfr ied Brocolli With Garlic
- Broccoli- Garlic- Salt
Cut broccoli and put in hot water for one minute. Rinse with ice cold water
Stir fry chopped garlic in oil.
Add broccoli and salt.
- Bokchoy - Garlic ? chopped - Water - Salt
Stir fry garlic till light brown.
Add litt le water to the pan.
Add bokchoy and lightly stirfry.
Add some salt to taste.
Stirfr ied Bokchoy with Garlic
Chicken - cut into small pieces Garlic Red chilli Onion - sliced Soya sauce Chilli sauce Corn flour
MARINADE 4 tablespoon cornflour 1 egg 1 tablespoon soya sauce 1 tablespoon chilli sauce Salt and pepper
Marinade chicken in the above for 30 minutes.
Stir fry chicken pieces. Remove from the pan.
In the same oil, brown garlic, red chilli and onion.
Add soya sauce and chilli sauce. Add litt le stock.
Once it boils, add a mixture of corn flour in water As it boils, add chicken to the mixture.
Top with spring onion.
- Mutton - Onion- Garlic- Tomato - Green chilli - Cumin powder - Coriander powder - Turmeric - Coconut milk - Mustard seeds - Curry leaves - Salt
Brown the onion and garlic in oil and add a lot of cut tomatoes. Add the green Chili. Add the spices and cook well. Add the mutton. After cooking it well, add the coconut milk. Fry mustard seeds and curry leaves in litt le oil and pour on top.
Tandoori Chicken IN
- Garlic - Ginger - Green chilli - Lime juice - Tandoori masala - Coriander powder - Cumin powder - Red chilli powder - Turmeric - Garam Masala - Tandoori masala - Yoghurt - Butter
Make a paste of ginger garlic, lime juice and green chilli. Rub into the chicken.
Mix coriander powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, turmeric, garam Masala, tandoori masala, into the yoghurt. Marinade the chicken in this.
Baste chicken with butter. Bake in the oven.
Cookie Oreo Brownies
Make a batch of cookie dough.
Make a batch of brownie mix.
Layer cookie dough at the bottom of a baking tin, and layer Oreo cookies over
Pour over the brownie mix.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees.
Butter - 100 grams Sugar - 100 grams Egg - 1
Flour - 200 grams Directions
Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg. Sift in the flour and knead into a dough. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Drinking chocolate 1/2 cup
Flour - 3/4 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Oil 1/2 cup
Egg - 2
Put sugar and egg in the blender. Mix oil and drinking chocolate well. Mix the above and fold in the flour.
Chocolate Mousse D
- 150 g mini marshmallows - 50g unsalted butter - 250 g Chocolate chips - 4 tablespoons of hot water - 284ml Cream - Teaspoon vanilla
Mix marshmallows, butter, chocolate chips and hot water. Heat until it melts.
Mix vanilla and cream
Fold cream and melted chocolate mixture
Put in bowls.
Grate white chocolate over mousse
- 3 egg whites - I cup caster sugar - I teaspoon vanilla
Beat eggs with a hand mixer until stiff.
Fold in sugar and vanilla.
Spoon it onto butter paper
Bake in the oven for 1 hour at 100 degrees Celsius