Student Success Slideshow
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Student Success Slideshow
- 1. Teaching: Middle School Science
- 2. What Is a Science Teacher
- Todays teachers play an important role in fostering the intellectual and social development of children and young adults
- Whether its preschool, high school, public or private school; teachers provide the necessary tools for students to develop into responsible adults
- Science teachers are responsible for influencing and helping students solve problems, understand science concepts and objectives through interactive discussion and active participation with the students
- A Middle school science school teacher has to maintain discipline and order in their classrooms, while taking the necessary precautions to protect not only the students, but the materials, equipment, and facilities as well
- Some of the fun hands on activities include things such as, dissection, field trips, experiments, science fair, in-classroom pets, and sometimes even a science club and or summer camps
- Education and Training
- The route to becoming a public school teacher involves completing a Bachelorette degree and then obtaining a teaching license
- There are courses designed specifically for those preparing to teach such as philosophy of education, psychology of learning, and intro to the teaching profession
- Licensure and Certification
- All 50 states and the District of Columbia require public school teachers to be licensed. This is usually granted by the State Board of Education
- Other Qualifications
- Not only do teachers have to be knowledgeable in the subjects they teach but they must have the ability to communicate, inspire, trust and confidence, and motivate their students
- Teachers must be able to recognize and respond to the individual and cultural differences in students
- Employment Opportunities
- Employment opportunities in teaching is expected to grow by 12 percent between 2006-2016, this growth will create close to 479,000 additional teaching positions
- The job market for teachers varies by school location and by subject taught
- Job opportunities are prospected to be better in inner cities and rural areas
- 7. Salaries (According to Indeed.com)
- The Average starting salary for a teacher is around $33,830/yr
- People who become teachers for a wide variety of non-salary related reasons.
- 8. How Does My Learning Styles Compliment My Career Choice
- I am a very visual/hands on learner, and I believe that I can use that to put a fun and interesting approach to the concepts of science
- I have a very upbeat personality that kids respond to. This will help me relate to the youth of today
- I have very good organizational skills, which is something all teachers need to have
- I am a very kind, understanding, and patient individual with good morals and virtues
- 9. My Reasons for Becoming a Teacher.
- My freshman Biology teacher once said to me, If you love what you do, then you will never work a day in your lifeI personally have never worked a day.
- I want to share my love of learning with the young minds and help them discover their potentials
- I want to make the kind of difference my teachers made for me
- And I just love science!
- 10. The End!