Southern Africa Geography
Click here to load reader
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Southern Africa Geography
- Southern Africa Geography
- South Africa
- Southern Africa is made up of
- Plateaus in Nambia
- A plateau is an area made up of land that rises
- directly into the air from a narrow plain.
- An escarpment is the steep face at the edge of
- the plateau or other raised area.
- ~Both the mountains and the plains play important roles in Southern Africas geography.
- ~The mountains serve as borders between neighboring countries.
- Can you guess what animals you might in the plains of Southern Africa?
- Drakensberg Mountain Range are located in South Africa. Dragon Mountains
- Inyanga Mountains are located between Zimbabwe and Mozambique.
- Climate and Vegetation
- Southern Africa also consist of:
- TROPICAL FORESTS
- A veld is an open grassland or savanna where short trees and shrubs grow.
- Hold your horses
- Not all of Southern Africa is desert, Madagascar is in fact mostly tropical forest.
- More natural resources
- Minerals are #1
- South Africa South Africa, Botswana, Namibia
- Coal Platinum Copper Uranium Iron Ore
- Why is this ironic? (think about Central Africa)