Seven Virtues of Gladiator Leadership
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Seven Virtues of Gladiator Leadership
Management lessons from Gladiator Presented by Shohini Das
SEVEN VIRTUES OF GLADIATOR LEADERSHIP
COMMODUS (Son of the Emperor) army GLADIATOR)
MAXIMUS (Leader of Roman and later nTHE
Gladiator is a 2000 epic film directed by Ridley Scott, starring , Connie Nielsen, Ralf Moeller, Oliver Reed,Djimon Russell Crowe, Joaquin PhoenixHounsou, Derek Jacobi, and Richard Harris. Crowe portrays the loyal General Maximus Decimus Meridius, who is betrayed when the Emperor's ambitious son Commodus (Phoenix) murders his father and seizes the throne. Reduced to slavery, Maximus rises through the ranks of the gladiatorial arena to avenge the murder of his family and his Emperor.
SEVEN VI T ES EADERSHI
1. Gladiators have a mission for which they feel real passion. 2. Gladiators lead from the front-they don't dictate from the back. 3. Gladiators know there is strength in teams. 4. Gladiators encourage risk-taking. 5. Gladiators keep their heads in a crisis. 6. Gladiators prepare for battle 24 hours a day. 7. Gladiators are teachers and mentors.
1. LA IAT W I T YF
AV A I I L AL A I
In Gladiator, Maximus lived for the mission of killing the evil Emperor ommodus and restoring Rome to the values that made her great.
LA IAT Y 'T
L A F I TAT F
F TBA K.
In the movie, both when Maximus was a general and a gladiator, he fought up front where the firestorm was heaviest.
3. ADIAT RS KNOW THERE IS STRENGTH IN TEAMS Where would Maximus have been if he hadn't trusted his men to fight with him and cover his back?
4. GLADIATORS ENCOURAGE RISKTAKING
In the Roman Empire, gladiators were expected to die with honour. Refusing to lie down and let one's opponents win was bucking the status quo.
5. GLADIATORS KEEP THEIR HEADS IN A CRISIS. Maximus had to think on his feet and refuse to give into terror and panic. He faced the most formidable foes calmly and with focus.
6. GLADIATORS PREPARE OR BATTLE 24 HOURS A DAY A Roman gladiator was a fighting machine. To stay alive, his mind had to be constantly on the upcoming battle.
7. GLADIATORS ARE TEACHERS AND MENTORS Maximus taught his men the lessons they would need to survive in their new role as gladiators.
THANK YOU !!