Seminar On Trojan Horse
Embed Size (px)
This is a power-point presentation on "Trojan Horse" which is a hacking technique mostly used by hackers. Trojan appears to be useful program but contain hidden code's such as virus.
Transcript of Seminar On Trojan Horse
- TROJAN HORSE BY- NIKHIL CHABUKSWAR TE C 33506 Bansilal Ramnath Agarwal Charitable Trusts Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology Pune 411048. Department of Computer Eng.
- CONTENTS What is Trojan ? Tasks Of Trojan How Trojan Work Attaching a Trojan storage Locations And Various Trojans Algorithm How can you be infected Aim of attacker Trojan Examples Preventive measure
- WHAT IS TROJAN ?
- HOW DO TROJAN WORKS ? Nothing But a Server Client Program Uses TCP/IP protocol as well as UDP protocol It is only be send to the target system by user interaction only.
- TASKS OF THE TROJAN erasing or overwriting data on a computer corrupting files in a subtle way spreading other malware, such as viruses. In this case the Trojan horse is called a 'dropper'. To launch DDoS attacks or send Spam. logging keystrokes to steal information such as passwords and credit card numbers (known as a key logger) phish for bank or other account details, which can be used for criminal activities. Shutting down the windows and rebooting of windows etc.
- HOW TO ATTACH THE TROJAN? Without Changing the File size Generally Attached with game or email
- WHERE THEY LIVE. Autostart Folder The Autostart folder is located in C:WindowsStart MenuProgramsstartup and as its name suggests, automatically starts everything placed there. Win.ini Windows system file using load=Trojan.exe and run=Trojan.exe to execute the Trojan
- ALGORITHM Trojan horse attack, used a quantum cryptographic key algorithm with EPR pairs. With Quantum cryptography we can create a communication chancel where it is impossible to eavesdrop without disturbing the transmission.
- TROJAN VARIATIONS Remote Access Trojans Password Sending Trojans Denial Of Service (DoS) Attack Trojans Keyloggers
- HOW CAN YOU BE INFECTED Via Email (Attachments) Physical Access Visiting Untrusted websites Peer to peer download system Installing the untrusted software's.
- WHAT IS ATTACKER LOOKING FOR ? Credit Card Information (often used for domain registration, shopping with your credit card) Any accounting data (E-mail passwords, Dial-Up passwords, WebServices passwords, etc.) Email Addresses (Might be used for spamming, as explained above) Work Projects (Steal your presentations and work related papers) Children's names/pictures, Ages (paedophile attacker?!) School work (steal your papers and publish them with his/her name on it)
- SOME WELL KNOWN TROJAN NetBus Beast SubSeven BOXP
- NETBUS TROJAN:-
- SERVER SETUP FOR NETBUS
- CONNECTION PROCESS.
- CONSEQUENCES OF A TROJAN HORSE It will cause your computer to run slow All of your personal data can be stolen or corrupted. When you open a program it will continue to open programs on its own.
- HOW TO PREVENT Anti-Virus (AV) Scanners Anti-Trojan Software E.g Trojan Elite, Trojan Killer. Clean Yourself Online Scanning Services
- CONCLUSION In this seminar we have learned what is Trojan and all the functionality and aspects of the Trojan horse.
- REFERENCES 1. Hacking tools & techniques and Incident handling, NIIT by prentice-hall INDIA(2005) 2. Denial of Service Attacks (2001). Retrieved May 20, 2004, from http://www.cert.org/tech_tips/denial_of_service.html. 3. http://www.windowsecurity.com/Trojan_horse