Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Scene Presentation
- 1. Local Creative and Media Scenes. Here are some of theexamples of local creative and media scenes. Shapla Arjan 10i
2. 3. - a three-screen plush cinema- a performing arts venue- education spaces and family programmes - four floors of affordable creative workspaces - a spectacular top venue and event space with expansive views of the City - a wide contemporary Bar - an alcohol-free Caf space - exhibition galleries spaces - the BBC London Broadcasting Centre What Does Rich Mix Offers... www.richmix.org.uk Rich Mix is a 132,000 square foot of flagship arts and cultural centre which boasts the best in art, performance, fashion, design, music, dance, film, theatre and comedy. It has five floors of vibrant creativity and excellence providing: 4. Films... Dance & Music... www.richmix.org.uk Raw Talent... 5.
- Rich Mix is open from 9.00am to 11.00pm Monday to Friday and 10.00am to 11.00pm Saturday and Sunday .
- 35 - 47 Bethnal Green Road, London, E1 6LA
- OFFICE/ADMIN: 020 7613 7490 FAX: 020 7613 7499 [email_address] www.richmix.org.uk
Where Is Rich Mix... www.richmix.org.uk 6. 7. What Does Theatre Royal Offers... Theatre Royal Stratford East works to discover and develop new talent and new audiences. The Theatre Royal opened in 1884, and since then it has undergone many changes.
- It seats up to 460 people on three levels (Stalls, Dress Circle, and Upper Circle) with all seats having a good view of the stage.
- Much improved access throughout the building (including Lifts to allareas)
- New Public Spaces (a larger open-plan Box Office, Foyer)
- Improved stage systems and vastly expanded backstage facilities.
www.stratfordeast.com 8. Vocal Play... Pantomimes... Plays... www.stratfordeast.com 9. www.stratfordeast.com Where Is Theatre Royal... Theatre Royal Stratford East Gerry Raffles Square Stratford London E15 1BN Box Office open Mon Sat, 10am 7pmBox Office Tel: 020 8534 0310 10am 6pm Fax: 020 8534 8381Administration Line: 020 8534 7374Email:[email_address] 10. 11. What Bow Arts Trust Offers... www.bowarts.org We reach over 20,000 young people every year through our in schools and community programme, creating exciting learning opportunities and innovative projects. The Nunnery Gallery is an important cultural landmark and an exciting venue promoting quality and access in the arts. Well known for our lively and affordable studios we offer a range of studios and opportunities to over 90 artists in the heart of the East End of London. 12. www.bowarts.org Visual Arts... 13. Where is Bow Arts Trust... www.bowarts.org 183 Bow RoadLondonE3 2SJTelephone:020 7538 1719 Assistant DirectorHead of Arts and EventsJeremy Clarke05601 255 669[email_address] 14. 15. What Stratford Circus Offers... www.stratford-circus.com
- - Stratford Circus is a contemporary performing arts venue in the cultural quarter of Stratford in East London.
- - The centre has hosted a varied programme of performances, events, workshops and education and training opportunities to the local community and broader audiences.
- Our contemporary building was designed by Levitt Bernstein, achieving the original vision to create a modern, user-friendly building with multifunctional space.
- Resident organisations include Circus Media, East London Dance, Urban Development, Theatre Venture, Newham Youth and Community Education Service and University of East London.
16. www.stratford-circus.com Performing Arts... Food.. 17. www.stratford-circus.com Where is Stratford Circus...
- Situated in the heart of Stratford and a stones throw away from the 2012 Olympic site, our venue benefits from excellent local and international transport links.
Stratford Circus Theatre Square Stratford, London E15 1BX Box Office: 0844 357 2625 www.stratford-circus.com 18. Picture House Stratford 19. What Picture House Offers... Stratford In the Night Garden: Sneezing 11:00 Saw VI 1hr31min Rated18 Horror English 18:25 20:45 Up 1hr29min- RatedU Animated/Adventure/Comedy English 13:20 15:45 18:30 Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant 1hr49min Rated12A Adventure/Fantasy/Horror English 13:40 16:00 20:25 Michael Jackson's This Is It 1hr51min RatedPG Documentary English 13:30 15:50 18:10 20:30Fantastic Mr. Fox 1hr28min RatedPG Animated/Adventure/Comedy English 14:20 16:25 18:35 20:35 20. Movies... 21. Where Is Picture House... Stratford The Stratford Picture House SalwayRd London E151BX Tel: 02085553311 22. 23. What Nettie Horn Offers... www.nettiehorn.com Nettie Horn is an arts gallery who both exhibit and sell art work from all over the country. They have a wide range of artwork located in the gallery and more for you to purchase. 24. www.nettiehorn.com 25. Where Is Nettie Horn... www.nettiehorn.com 25B VYNER STREET, LONDON, E2 9DG +44 (0)208 980 1568[email_address] DANIELLE HORNDirector & Curator [email_address] T +44 (0)208 980 1568/ 07909 542488TONY TAGLIANETTIDirector [email_address] T +44 (0)208 980 1568 / 07879 648898MARIE FAVIER Assistant Director & Curator [email_address] T +44 (0)208 980 1568 / 07833 998995 26. Some performances take place in multi-purpose venues from small spaces such as community centres to huge sports arenas. Some performance events may even be staged out of doors. Other Venues The O2 Arena (10 minutes from Stratford on the Jubilee Line) Concert Halls generally host music events such as rock/pop gigs and classical concerts. Some concerts halls are subsidised but some operate in the commercial sector. Concert Halls Rich Mix Bethnal Green, London An arts centre will host a larger variety of performance events than a theatre. It may buy in theatre, dance productions, gigs and concerts. Many hold events that involve public participation, e.g.. Drama workshops or dance classes. An arts centre may also screen films and have a gallery for exhibiting the visual arts. Most arts centres are subsidised. Arts Centre Picture House, Stratford A receiving theatre buys in productions from production companies and/or touring theatre companies rather than producing its own shows. Most of the theatres in Londons West End are receiving theatres. Most receiving theatres operate in the commercial sector. Receiving Cinema Theatre Royal Stratford East, London This is a theatre that has a company of performers and a production team who produce a number of shows each year. Many producing theatres are subsidised. Producing Theatre Examples Description Types Of Venue