Sales & Marketing for Recruiting Professionals | Talent Connect 2012
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Sales & Marketing for Recruiting Professionals | Talent Connect 2012
- 1. Recruitment Marketing Attracting the High Achievers Lou Adler CEO The Adler Group,Author Hire With Your Head and The Essential Guide for Hiring and Getting Hired @LouA The best of
- 2. TALENT CONNECT 2012 Quality of Hire C B D A
- 3. TALENT CONNECT 2012 Job-hunting Status Fully-employed Extraordinary Career Move Great Career Move Very Good Career Move Good Career Move Lateral Transfer LinkedIn Adler Group Survey 2011 4,500 Members 20% Postings Visible & Compelling 20% Targeted Email Targeted/MailMerge 60% Networking VTC PERP
- 4. TALENT CONNECT 2012 Thinking Backwards HAVE GET BECOMEDO The Wrong Way for Hiring! The Right Way for Hiring!
- 5. TALENT CONNECT 2012 Thinking Backwards BeforeDay 1 Skills,Experience, HAVING, Academics, Competencies Day1 Title, Company, Location,$$, Responsibilities Advertise & PhoneScreen Beyond Year 1 Opportunity,Long- term Impact, Long-term $$ % Year 1 DOING, Work, Impact,Learning, Team,Total $$ Moment 1 Candidate Opt-in Screen Interview, Assess, Offer Acceptance Criteria You cant use a talent surplus process in a talent scarcity situation! HAVE GET BECOMEDO
- 6. TALENT CONNECT 2012 Understand Your Ideal Candidate Positive Motivators Negative Motivators IntrinsicExtrinsic Career Maximization Learn Do Become Helping others Team Hiring Manager Company or Mission Recruitment Marketing & Advertising Eliminate the Negatives and Maximize the Positives Tip: Close on Positive Internals Slow growth Work mix not satisfying Not part of team Missionnot important Cultural misfit Lowsalary Bad boss Not appreciated Deterioratingbusiness Economic need CompensationMax Short-termRewards Contests, Bonus Big Title - Big Brand Ego need Avoid the vicious cycle of underperformance, low morale and turnover.
- 7. TALENT CONNECT 2012 Understand Your Ideal Candidate Positive Motivators Negative Motivators IntrinsicExtrinsic Career Maximization Learn Do Become Helping others Team Hiring Manager Company or Mission Recruitment Marketing & Advertising Eliminate the Negatives and Maximize the Positives Tip: Close on Positive Internals Slow growth Work mix not satisfying Not part of team Missionnot important Cultural misfit Lowsalary Bad boss Not appreciated Deterioratingbusiness Economic need CompensationMax Short-termRewards Contests, Bonus Big Title - Big Brand Ego need GETTING DOING & BECOMING Avoid the vicious cycle of underperformance, low morale and turnover.
- 8. TALENT CONNECT 2012 Great Ads: Capture Intrinsic Motivator McFrank&Williams Advertising Agency, Inc.
- 9. TALENT CONNECT 2012 Turn Jobs into Careers Need both to find & hire the best Whats the EVP? Why would a top, fully- employed person take this position? Impact, Growth, Company Long term component of a career move the becoming!
- 10. TALENT CONNECT 2012 How to Write an Email or Ad Lead with EVP DOING Having Beyond Year 1 Year 1 Past
- 11. TALENT CONNECT 2012 The Candidate Persona 10 New Sourcing Ideas!
- 12. TALENT CONNECT 2012 The Importance of Messaging Whats the EVP? Capture intrinsic motivator Do, Learn, Become Describe impact Make it viral Attention- getting Take over the Rebuilding of Phillys Inner City 0-60 MPH in 12 Years!
- 13. TALENT CONNECT 2012 Be Compelling to Attract Top-third Explore some truly weird openings for Optics Geeks for freakishly difficult EOIR stabilization puzzles - http://bit.ly/SZtpY
- 14. TALENT CONNECT 2012 Texting and Tweets 1st build a virtual talent pool Connect on LinkedIn When texting: Compliment 1st! Be vague, but bigger title Sell short chat Send link to posting Send link to your open calendar e.g., TimeTrader.com Make sure LIP shows you as SWK! Just found your LI Profile very impressive. RU open to chat about sr. marketing exec spot?
- 15. TALENT CONNECT 2012 AGM? Format Future Present Past Skills? EVP?
- 16. TALENT CONNECT 2012 Compelling Email to Prospects Intrinsic Motivator? EVP? Future Present Past Format Skills? Reaction?
- 17. TALENT CONNECT 2012 Everyone Else 3rd Degree+ 2nd Degree Connections 1st Degree ERP/HM Groups Nodes You The Value of Your Connectedness 1st Connectedness Targeted Compelling NarrowCasting Highest ROE 3rd Degree REACH High Volume Pushed Postings BroadCasting LowROE 2nd Networking Referrals WarmCalls Sweet Spot High ROE ROE: Return on Effort Think In-Out vs. Out-In
- 18. TALENT CONNECT 2012 Recruitment Marketing Summary
- 19. TALENT CONNECT 2012 4 LinkedIn tools to help you recruit like a marketer, so that you 21 1. Know your audience 2. Increase your relevance and reach 3. Go where your audience is
- 20. TALENT CONNECT 2012 1. Know your audience with our free Talent Pool reports 22 www.slideshare.net/linkedin-talent-solutions Industries covered: - Software engineer* - Technical sales* - Procurement & supply chain people - Marketing* - Healthcare - Financial services* - Drilling and petroleum *US and European versions
- 21. TALENT CONNECT 2012 2. Increase your relevance and reach with LinkedIn Job Slots 23 Jobs you may be interested in Jobs you may be interested in Financial Analyst Bank of America Jobs you may be interested in Sr. HR Director Gap Inc. Bryan Finance Analyst EricaSteve Director of HR job applications from recommended jobs [Not searched] Sr Software Engineer Amazon Sr. Waterf all Mobile Sr Software Engineer Waterf all Mobile HR Director Waterf all Mobile Finance Manager Sr Software Engineer >50%
- 22. TALENT CONNECT 2012 2. Increase your relevance and reach with LinkedIn Job Slots 24 Product Marekting Manager NetApp Sunnyvale, CA Product Marketing Manager Amazon.com Seattle,WA Senior Product Manager NetApp Santa Clara, CA Jobs You MayBe Interested In See more Account Executive xyzCo Sunnyvale,CA x Sr. Account Executive Amazon.com Seattle,WA x Sales Manager NetApp San Jose,CA x beta Waterfall Mobileposted a job you may be interested in: Sr Software Engineer Jobs You May Be Interested In See more x x x Waterfall Mobile Sr Software Engineer NetApp Sr Software Engineer Amazon Sr. Sr Software Engineer Erica Robertson ACME systems Sr Software Engineer Share Careers See more jobs 6 minutes ago
- 23. TALENT CONNECT 2012 3. Go where your audience is, through LinkedIn Mobile 25 23% of unique LinkedIn visitors come via mobile apps All LinkedIn Jobs now distributed to relevant members in recent updates stream Members targeted based on profile information Included with all LinkedIn Jobs at no extra cost
- 24. TALENT CONNECT 2012 3. Go where your audience is, through LinkedIn Mobile and Picture Yourself Ads 26 # 1 activity on LinkedIn = Looking at your connections profiles Erica Robertson Senior Java Developer ACME systems
- 25. TALENT CONNECT 2012 For more on all these tools 27 http://talent.linkedin.com http://talent.linkedin.com/contact-us